Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Beware of “router hack” email scams

Posted 11 days ago

Beware of a new scheme by scammers, claiming they have hacked your router. (Some claim their malware took over your computer allowing them to spy on you.) They’ll try to blackmail you into paying them $772 or more in Bitcoins. But apart from obtaining your email address somewhere its all empty threats. Nothing would happen after 48 hours. On checking the header of this one I discovered the email that claimed to have been sent from my address was actually sent from IP 102.132.40.197, a computer belonging to a company in Johannesburg. Search the web for “router hack ransom email” and you will likely see a YouTube video discussing a very similar email. [img]https://i.imgur.com/y4JLbi8.png[/img]
Beware of a new scheme by scammers, claiming they have hacked your router. (Some claim their malware took over your computer allowing them to spy on you.) They’ll try to blackmail you into paying them $772 or more in Bitcoins. But apart from obtaining your email address somewhere its all empty threats. Nothing would happen after 48 hours. On checking the header of this one I discovered the email that claimed to have been sent from my address was actually sent from IP 102.132.40.197, a computer belonging to a company in Johannesburg. Search the web for “router hack ransom email” and you will likely see a YouTube video discussing a very similar email.
SUPPORT
Chris E.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 11 days ago

Hello Chris, Thanks for your attention, that scammers will send emails and scare you. I would say, whenever you see a strange email or an email which you are not trust, ignore it !!! Do not open the email, just delete.
Hello Chris,

Thanks for your attention, that scammers will send emails and scare you.

I would say, whenever you see a strange email or an email which you are not trust, ignore it !!!
Do not open the email, just delete.
351x SUPPORT
Johan V.

Turkey

E365 Country Champion

Posted 11 days ago

Thank you for your detailed tip! Money produces many bad people, who have nothing else in mind, but to seize the money of others without work!
Thank you for your detailed tip!
Money produces many bad people, who have nothing else in mind, but to seize the money of others without work!
3x SUPPORT
Hans-Peter S.

Germany

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 11 days ago

Hi Chris Thank you warning concerning email,and some are trying to get your password.
Hi Chris
Thank you warning concerning email,and some are trying to get your password.
SUPPORT
Abraham H.

Canada

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 11 days ago

Hi Chris , I too got about 3 or 4 of these over the last year but just ignored them and nothing happened just like you said,, thanks for posting this and it helps others to avoid this kind of scam ,
Hi Chris ,
I too got about 3 or 4 of these over the last year but just ignored them and nothing happened just like you said,,
thanks for posting this and it helps others to avoid this kind of scam ,
Shaun A.

United Kingdom

Posted 11 days ago

Scammers are everywhere all over the internet. When someone do online business there is a big threat of hacking. Hackers are everywhere. Everyday we need to update our computer at least once everyday from spyware or malware and must use or download one antivirus software to scan our computer to get rid of this kind of hackers. Also if we have doubts about some emails we can scan the email id through anti virus software to check whether this email id is fake or has some threat . There is great possibility to check someone emails or websites reality. So nothing to worry from all these hackers .... Keep moving and do your online business. Best of luck,
Scammers are everywhere all over the internet.

When someone do online business there is a big threat of hacking.
Hackers are everywhere.

Everyday we need to update our computer at least once everyday from spyware or malware and must use or download one antivirus software to scan our computer to get rid of this kind of hackers.

Also if we have doubts about some emails we can scan the email id through anti virus software to check whether this email id is fake or has some threat . There is great possibility to check someone emails or websites reality.

So nothing to worry from all these hackers ....

Keep moving and do your online business.

Best of luck,
3x SUPPORT
Rupak D.

China

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 10 days ago

thanks for posting .. we will be careful
thanks for posting .. we will be careful
Robert R.

Albania

Posted 10 days ago

Hi Chris, thank you for informing us of this new way that hackers are trying to scam us. Unfortunately, there are many of these hackers and we need to become aware of them so we can stay safe. My suggestion is that every time you get one of these emails, immediately run your antivirus/ antimalware program to make sure nothing was done to harm your system. Good luck to you in 2019!
Hi Chris, thank you for informing us of this new way that hackers are trying to scam us.

Unfortunately, there are many of these hackers and we need to become aware of them so we can stay safe.

My suggestion is that every time you get one of these emails, immediately run your antivirus/ antimalware program to make sure nothing was done to harm your system.

Good luck to you in 2019!
SUPPORT
Sara F.

United States

Posted 10 days ago

Thank you for such favourable heads up. These scammers are getting from bad to wrost, preying on the hard work of others who are making a honest living. Thanks for that .
Thank you for such favourable heads up. These scammers are getting from bad to wrost, preying on the hard work of others who are making a honest living. Thanks for that .

Posted 10 days ago

Hi Chris E. Thank you for sharing your experience with an attempt to blackmail. I think this is the best way to report to the police. It is pure blackmail and the police will surely take tough measures.:cop: Have a nice day :four_leaf_clover:
Hi Chris E.
Thank you for sharing your experience with an attempt to blackmail. I think this is the best way to report to the police. It is pure blackmail and the police will surely take tough measures.

Have a nice day

SUPPORT
Slavoljub V.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

Posted 10 days ago

Chris thank you for posting.Scammers are active and come with smart tricks. It is wise to remain careful and not fall to their tricks.
Chris thank you for posting.Scammers are active and come with smart tricks. It is wise to remain careful and not fall to their tricks.
Ofuani D.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion

Posted 10 days ago

Yes I have seen these e-mails to, and like you have said do not open them, they are mostly and phishing scam of some kind ,so ignore them and delete and have and good day.
Yes I have seen these e-mails to, and like you have said do not open them, they are mostly and phishing scam of some kind ,so ignore them and delete and have and good day.
Joseph H.

United States

E365 Runner Up

| Edit settings