Grab up to 13,000 free, business-boosting CSAs when you advance your rank this month! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Brain Sprints.

Posted 13 days ago, edited 13 days ago More by Gabriel E.

Dear all and forum MOD, I just lost a game of Brain Sprint at the 12th question. Why? The system picked the wrong answer. And this is recurrent. [u]The question[/u]? [b]What [u]constant[/u] is referred to as "The Universe Clock?"[/b] [u]The system answer[/u] was: Speed of light. [u]The correct answer is:[/u] Planck's constant. It is true that the constant is about the speed of light, but "The Universe clock" is established by the "Planck's constant'. Please I stand to be corrected here if I am wrong.
Dear all and forum MOD,

I just lost a game of Brain Sprint at the 12th question.
Why? The system picked the wrong answer. And this is recurrent.
The question? What constant is referred to as "The Universe Clock?"
The system answer was: Speed of light.
The correct answer is: Planck's constant.
It is true that the constant is about the speed of light, but "The Universe clock" is established by the "Planck's constant'.

Please I stand to be corrected here if I am wrong.
5x SUPPORT
Gabriel E.

Nigeria

Posted 13 days ago

Hello Gabrile, Per my knowledge I think that the 2 answers are incorrect. the real Universal clock is Greenwich Time : Universal Time (UTC) from which all countries stablish their Time Zone. Greetings Laura
Hello Gabrile,
Per my knowledge I think that the 2 answers are incorrect. the real Universal clock is Greenwich Time : Universal Time (UTC) from which all countries stablish their Time Zone.
Greetings
Laura
Laura M.

Argentina

Posted 13 days ago

[quote=1507991]Dear all and forum MOD, I just lost a game of Brain Sprint at the 12th question. Why? The system picked the wrong answer. And this is recurrent. [u]The question[/u]? [b]What [u]constant[/u] is referred to as "The Universe Clock?"[/b] [u]The system answer[/u] was: Speed of light. [u]The correct answer is:[/u] Planck's constant. It is true that the constant is about the speed of light, but "The Universe clock" is established by the "Planck's constant'. Please I stand to be corrected here if I am wrong.[/quote] Hi Gabriel ! Although the great majority of all questions has correct answers, it may happen that some mistakes occur. So, in that case do submit a Ticket to our Support and Adam will be happy to eliminate the wrong answer(s). Best regards !
Gabriel E. posted:
Dear all and forum MOD,

It is true that the constant is about the speed of light, but "The Universe clock" is established by the "Planck's constant'.

Please I stand to be corrected here if I am wrong.

Hi Gabriel !

Although the great majority of all questions has correct answers, it may happen that some mistakes occur. So, in that case do submit a Ticket to our Support and Adam will be happy to eliminate the wrong answer(s).

Best regards !
294x SUPPORT
Sead Š.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

E365 Champion

Posted 13 days ago More by Svetlana C.

Hello Gabriel I would answer: the speed of light. If we ask google: The speed of light in a vacuum is a universal constant. Planck's constant always stays the same and is always equal to one quantum. The correct answer is best known to physicists. Certainly, if possible, it should be corrected.
Hello Gabriel
I would answer: the speed of light.
If we ask google:
The speed of light in a vacuum is a universal constant.
Planck's constant always stays the same and is always equal to one quantum.
The correct answer is best known to physicists.
Certainly, if possible, it should be corrected.
13x SUPPORT
Svetlana C.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 13 days ago More by Svetlana C.

My daughter, a student of experimental physics, replied that Plank's constant. You're right Gabriel :thumbsup:
My daughter, a student of experimental physics, replied that Plank's constant.
You're right Gabriel
13x SUPPORT
Svetlana C.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 13 days ago, edited 13 days ago More by Sampath Kumar S.

I came across this article in Wikipedia. PHYSICAL CONSTANT A physical constant, sometimes fundamental physical constant or universal constant, is a physical quantity that is generally believed to be both universal in nature and have constant value in time. It is contrasted with a mathematical constant, which has a fixed numerical value, but does not directly involve any physical measurement. [b]There are many physical constants in science, some of the most widely recognized[/b] being [b]the speed of light in vacuum c,[/b] the gravitational constant G, [b]Planck's constant h[/b], the electric constant ε0, and the elementary charge e. Physical constants can take many dimensional forms: the speed-of-light signifies a maximum speed for any object and is expressed dimensionally as length divided by time; while the fine-structure constant α, which characterizes the strength of the electromagnetic interaction, is dimensionless. The term fundamental physical constant is sometimes used to refer to universal but dimensioned physical constants such as those mentioned above. Increasingly, however, physicists reserve the use of the term fundamental physical constant for dimensionless physical constants, such as the fine-structure constant α. Physical constant in the sense under discussion in this article should not be confused with other quantities called "constants" that are assumed to be constant in a given context without the implication that they are in any way fundamental, such as the "time constant" characteristic of a given system, or material constants, such as the Madelung constant, electrical resistivity, heat capacity. More interesting reading a: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_constant#Universal_constants 2. Another Article: A Constant Paradox The speed of light in a vacuum is a universal constant. The speed of light is a constant because the rate of flow of time is a variable. To the best of our knowledge both of the above are true. This implies that the meter is a fixed length. During the twentieth century, the speed of light in a vacuum has reached the theoretical status of a “universal constant”, a fixed value of c0 = 299,792,458 m s −1 being chosen in 1983 as a basis for the international unit system. Speed is distance divided by time. Time is variable . If time were a constant then distance would have to be a variable. It is equally valid to consider distance could be a variable. The universal constant, the speed of light is based upon two parameters, one of which is known to be a variable, the other of which could be a variable. How can a constant be based on two parameters both of which are variables? If c defines the length of a meter but a meter, is variable …? Reference: https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=39042.0 Interesting really, isn't it?
I came across this article in Wikipedia.

PHYSICAL CONSTANT

A physical constant, sometimes fundamental physical constant or universal constant, is a physical quantity that is generally believed to be both universal in nature and have constant value in time. It is contrasted with a mathematical constant, which has a fixed numerical value, but does not directly involve any physical measurement.

There are many physical constants in science, some of the most widely recognized being the speed of light in vacuum c, the gravitational constant G, Planck's constant h, the electric constant ε0, and the elementary charge e. Physical constants can take many dimensional forms: the speed-of-light signifies a maximum speed for any object and is expressed dimensionally as length divided by time; while the fine-structure constant α, which characterizes the strength of the electromagnetic interaction, is dimensionless.

The term fundamental physical constant is sometimes used to refer to universal but dimensioned physical constants such as those mentioned above. Increasingly, however, physicists reserve the use of the term fundamental physical constant for dimensionless physical constants, such as the fine-structure constant α.

Physical constant in the sense under discussion in this article should not be confused with other quantities called "constants" that are assumed to be constant in a given context without the implication that they are in any way fundamental, such as the "time constant" characteristic of a given system, or material constants, such as the Madelung constant, electrical resistivity, heat capacity.

More interesting reading a:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_constant#Universal_constants

2. Another Article:
A Constant Paradox

The speed of light in a vacuum is a universal constant.
The speed of light is a constant because the rate of flow of time is a variable.
To the best of our knowledge both of the above are true.
This implies that the meter is a fixed length.
During the twentieth century, the speed of light in a vacuum has reached the theoretical status of a “universal constant”, a fixed value of c0 = 299,792,458 m s −1 being chosen in 1983 as a basis for the international unit system.
Speed is distance divided by time.
Time is variable .
If time were a constant then distance would have to be a variable.
It is equally valid to consider distance could be a variable.
The universal constant, the speed of light is based upon two parameters, one of which is known to be a variable, the other of which could be a variable.
How can a constant be based on two parameters both of which are variables?
If c defines the length of a meter but a meter, is variable …?

Reference:
www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=39042.0

Interesting really, isn't it?
284x SUPPORT
Sampath Kumar S.

India

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 13 days ago More by Sampath Kumar S.

Again went through so many articles through different blogs and web sites. There are different schools of thought on this. But many of them point out to: Speed of Light This has also been debated across different articles: Is the Planck's constant really a constant? Just a reference: https://www.researchgate.net/post/Is_the_Plancks_constant_really_a_constant But all said and done, please do KNOW that I am not a Physicist instead am a Materials Management Professional; But this question made me do more searches!!
Again went through so many articles through different blogs and web sites. There are different schools of thought on this. But many of them point out to: Speed of Light

This has also been debated across different articles: Is the Planck's constant really a constant?
Just a reference: www.researchgate.net/post/Is_the_Plancks_constant_really_a_constant

But all said and done, please do KNOW that I am not a Physicist instead am a Materials Management Professional; But this question made me do more searches!!
284x SUPPORT
Sampath Kumar S.

India

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 13 days ago

I appreciate all these discussions around something some specific and so highly scientific. I agree that sometimes answers are not absolutely right and also Google often is wrong, but reading your posts is really enriching our brain..
I appreciate all these discussions around something some specific and so highly
scientific. I agree that sometimes answers are not absolutely right and also
Google often is wrong, but reading your posts is really enriching our brain..
16x SUPPORT
Anna Loredana O.

Italy

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 13 days ago More by Gabriel E.

Thanks to everyone that took time out to respond to my post. Sampath Kumar; thanks for the elucidation on the topic. Svetlana C; thanks also. Kind regards to your physicist daughter. Dear Sead S; thanks for your input. I appreciate you all.

Thanks to everyone that took time out to respond to my post.

Sampath Kumar; thanks for the elucidation on the topic.

Svetlana C; thanks also. Kind regards to your physicist daughter.

Dear Sead S; thanks for your input.

I appreciate you all.
5x SUPPORT
Gabriel E.

Nigeria

Posted 13 days ago

Gabriel E . Iagree with you . It happens with all the games,it's frustrating.
Gabriel E . Iagree with you .
It happens with all the games,it's frustrating.
Olayemi A.

Nigeria

Posted 13 days ago

I can't understand why SFI often includes controversial questions in Brain Sprint, Knockout Trivia & Gold Streak games. Here is such a question in KOT game: Duster is most related to what: a) Teacher b).... c)..... d)Maid Correct answer according to computer was: Maid. It's a controversial question. Because in many countries including my country maids generally do not use duster. Rather teachers use dusters to erase black board. Bijan Kanti Pandit
I can't understand why SFI often includes controversial questions in Brain Sprint, Knockout Trivia & Gold Streak games. Here is such a question in KOT game: Duster is most related to what: a) Teacher b).... c)..... d)Maid
Correct answer according to computer was: Maid. It's a controversial question. Because in many countries including my country maids generally do not use duster. Rather teachers use dusters to erase black board.
Bijan Kanti Pandit
Bijan Kanti P.

Bangladesh

Liked by irina z.

Posted 13 days ago

[quote=1507991]Dear all and forum MOD, I just lost a game of Brain Sprint at the 12th question. Why? The system picked the wrong answer. And this is recurrent. [u]The question[/u]? [b]What [u]constant[/u] is referred to as "The Universe Clock?"[/b] [u]The system answer[/u] was: Speed of light. [u]The correct answer is:[/u] Planck's constant. It is true that the constant is about the speed of light, but "The Universe clock" is established by the "Planck's constant'. Please, I stand to be corrected here if I am wrong.[/quote] I share in your frustration my brother, but I would consider such mishaps as very rare exceptions rather than the norm; I am sure if we have statisticians in the house they will concur with my viewpoint. When its all said and done, we ought to be cognizant of the fact that nothing and no one is perfect so it just takes a "hawk" eye to see those hidden imperfections. After all, all we can do is forgive but not forget the mistakes...
Gabriel E. posted:
Dear all and forum MOD,

Please, I stand to be corrected here if I am wrong.

I share in your frustration my brother, but I would consider such mishaps as very rare exceptions rather than the norm; I am sure if we have statisticians in the house they will concur with my viewpoint.
When its all said and done, we ought to be cognizant of the fact that nothing and no one is perfect so it just takes a "hawk" eye to see those hidden imperfections.
After all, all we can do is forgive but not forget the mistakes...

4x SUPPORT
MARTIN M.

Kenya

E365 Country Champion

Liked by Bruce H.

| Edit settings