Grab up to 13,000 free, business-boosting CSAs when you advance your rank this month! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Getting frustrated with Brain Sprint - wrong "correct" answers

Posted 27 days ago More by Helen E.

I know there have been many other posts about this,including myself, but it is getting frustrating to play! I KNOW it is only a game, but we work/play towards earning our streak, to maintain our badges and also to become more educated!!! .I love playing this game. It is so educational and challenging. Usually I maintain my streak playing one game a day. I am willing to spend 1 TCredit a day to maintain this streak along with the other streaks I try to maintain. Today I had time to play more. I was really disappointed that in 3 of the 10 games I played the answers that were given as correct were [b]incorrect[/b] and it cost me a TCredit each time to stay in the game. (I know I could have exited but I wanted to play on). These "wrong" so called "correct" answers cost TCredits to stay in the game! I am willing to learn, but when wrong answers are given as "correct" answers, it gets annoying and frustrating. (This is not Gold streak, based on opinions, this is a game based on fact, which is why I don't play Gold streak). Does anyone check the answers??? I know when you google you can get conflicting answers but there is the truth/facts and then there is a lot of rubbish. I don't want to play if it's just garbage. By the way, I'm sure no-one screen shots each question before they answer, so it's almost a waste of time sending in a support ticket, as the question disappears once you have answered - [b][u]as a suggestion, perhaps the question can be displayed when it shows we have answered incorrectly, that way we can take a screen shot to submit to support if it's wrong[/u].[/b] I want to carry on playing as I love trivia. Just hope some checks can be put in place as I am sure we do not want to lose any players and I want to keep on playing too. Thanks
I know there have been many other posts about this,including myself, but it is getting frustrating to play!

I KNOW it is only a game, but we work/play towards earning our streak, to maintain our badges and also to become more educated!!! .I love playing this game. It is so educational and challenging.

Usually I maintain my streak playing one game a day. I am willing to spend 1 TCredit a day to maintain this streak along with the other streaks I try to maintain. Today I had time to play more. I was really disappointed that in 3 of the 10 games I played the answers that were given as correct were incorrect and it cost me a TCredit each time to stay in the game. (I know I could have exited but I wanted to play on).

These "wrong" so called "correct" answers cost TCredits to stay in the game!

I am willing to learn, but when wrong answers are given as "correct" answers, it gets annoying and frustrating. (This is not Gold streak, based on opinions, this is a game based on fact, which is why I don't play Gold streak).

Does anyone check the answers??? I know when you google you can get conflicting answers but there is the truth/facts and then there is a lot of rubbish. I don't want to play if it's just garbage.

By the way, I'm sure no-one screen shots each question before they answer, so it's almost a waste of time sending in a support ticket, as the question disappears once you have answered - as a suggestion, perhaps the question can be displayed when it shows we have answered incorrectly, that way we can take a screen shot to submit to support if it's wrong.

I want to carry on playing as I love trivia. Just hope some checks can be put in place as I am sure we do not want to lose any players and I want to keep on playing too.

Thanks

11x SUPPORT
Helen E.

South Africa

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 27 days ago

[quote=1498128]I know there have been many other posts about this,including myself, but it is getting frustrating to play! I KNOW it is only a game, but we work/play towards earning our streak, to maintain our badges and also to become more educated!!! .I love playing this game. It is so educational and challenging. Usually I maintain my streak playing one game a day. I am willing to spend 1 TCredit a day to maintain this streak along with the other streaks I try to maintain. Today I had time to play more. I was really disappointed that in 3 of the 10 games I played the answers that were given as correct were [b]incorrect[/b] and it cost me a TCredit each time to stay in the game. (I know I could have exited but I wanted to play on). These "wrong" so called "correct" answers cost TCredits to stay in the game! I am willing to learn, but when wrong answers are given as "correct" answers, it gets annoying and frustrating. (This is not Gold streak, based on opinions, this is a game based on fact, which is why I don't play Gold streak). Does anyone check the answers??? I know when you google you can get conflicting answers but there is the truth/facts and then there is a lot of rubbish. I don't want to play if it's just garbage. By the way, I'm sure no-one screen shots each question before they answer, so it's almost a waste of time sending in a support ticket, as the question disappears once you have answered - [b][u]as a suggestion, perhaps the question can be displayed when it shows we have answered incorrectly, that way we can take a screen shot to submit to support if it's wrong[/u].[/b] I want to carry on playing as I love trivia. Just hope some checks can be put in place as I am sure we do not want to lose any players and I want to keep on playing too. Thanks [/quote] Hi Helen,i used to face that proem of so called '"wrong" answers,but after a torough research on the question answer,i realised that i was the one who actually had the wrong answer.I am sure that if you check out well you will realise that you are the one faultybrainsprint questions have correct answers,its true the answers some times seem to resemble the correct ones but if you check well you will realise your self.So you are the one the problem.!!! Concerning the review of questions,it could be a good idea to review all the questions you answered at the end of each game,but if you remember the question,check your self for the answers to ascertain that they gave the correct xanswer.goodluck
Helen E. posted:
I know there have been many other posts about this,including myself, but it is getting frustrating to play!

I KNOW it is only a game, but we work/play towards earning our streak, to maintain our badges and also to become more educated!!! .I love playing this game. It is so educational and challenging.

Usually I maintain my streak playing one game a day. I am willing to spend 1 TCredit a day to maintain this streak along with the other streaks I try to maintain. Today I had time to play more. I was really disappointed that in 3 of the 10 games I played the answers that were given as correct were incorrect and it cost me a TCredit each time to stay in the game. (I know I could have exited but I wanted to play on).

These "wrong" so called "correct" answers cost TCredits to stay in the game!

I am willing to learn, but when wrong answers are given as "correct" answers, it gets annoying and frustrating. (This is not Gold streak, based on opinions, this is a game based on fact, which is why I don't play Gold streak).

Does anyone check the answers??? I know when you google you can get conflicting answers but there is the truth/facts and then there is a lot of rubbish. I don't want to play if it's just garbage.

By the way, I'm sure no-one screen shots each question before they answer, so it's almost a waste of time sending in a support ticket, as the question disappears once you have answered - as a suggestion, perhaps the question can be displayed when it shows we have answered incorrectly, that way we can take a screen shot to submit to support if it's wrong.

I want to carry on playing as I love trivia. Just hope some checks can be put in place as I am sure we do not want to lose any players and I want to keep on playing too.

Thanks

Hi Helen,i used to face that proem of so called '"wrong" answers,but after a torough research on the question answer,i realised that i was the one who actually had the wrong answer.I am sure that if you check out well you will realise that you are the one faultybrainsprint questions have correct answers,its true the answers some times seem to resemble the correct ones but if you check well you will realise your self.So you are the one the problem.!!!
Concerning the review of questions,it could be a good idea to review all the questions you answered at the end of each game,but if you remember the question,check your self for the answers to ascertain that they gave the correct xanswer.goodluck
SUPPORT
Nouta Ngounou A.

Cameroon

Posted 27 days ago

Hello Helen You're absolutely right. Enough credit does not work you can not see the question in this case I answer randomly and it's really very frustrating but I'm happy with these disappointments. I have to restart the game very often. I'm sure he'll improve.
Hello Helen
You're absolutely right.
Enough credit does not work you can not see the question in this case I answer randomly and it's really very frustrating but I'm happy with these disappointments. I have to restart the game very often. I'm sure he'll improve.
URANIE C.

Guadeloupe

Posted 27 days ago

Good Question and a good answer Nouta, however, who is to say that Helen indeed had the wright answer and lost her TCredits. The suggestion of the right answer being displayed when incorrectly answered, would be a beneficial add on to both player and corporate.
Good Question and a good answer Nouta, however, who is to say that Helen indeed had the wright answer and lost her TCredits. The suggestion of the right answer being displayed when incorrectly answered, would be a beneficial add on to both player and corporate.
3x SUPPORT
James M.

Cambodia

Posted 27 days ago More by Helen E.

[quote]its true the answers some times seem to resemble the correct ones but if you check well you will realise your self.So you are the one the problem.!!![/quote] Nouta I would not post here unless I was sure. There are several answers of historical, Biblical and Original quotations that are incorrect. I have certainly checked them. However, someone as academic, intelligent looking and knowledgeable as you are, assume to know better, so be it. If I do not know the answer I check it thoroughly. I certainly do not have answers to silly questions about Harry Potter or the favorite burger outlets etc., but where history, the Bible or famous quotations are concerned I am fairly well informed and certainly check my answers first! I enjoy the game, I would like to enjoy it more, if there were less incorrect "correct" answers. I know I am not the only person who has experienced this. That is why [b]I have suggested the QUESTION be revealed at the time the WRONG ANSWER is revealed!!![/b]
its true the answers some times seem to resemble the correct ones but if you check well you will realise your self.So you are the one the problem.!!!

Nouta
I would not post here unless I was sure. There are several answers of historical, Biblical and Original quotations that are incorrect. I have certainly checked them. However, someone as academic, intelligent looking and knowledgeable as you are, assume to know better, so be it.
If I do not know the answer I check it thoroughly. I certainly do not have answers to silly questions about Harry Potter or the favorite burger outlets etc., but where history, the Bible or famous quotations are concerned I am fairly well informed and certainly check my answers first!

I enjoy the game, I would like to enjoy it more, if there were less incorrect "correct" answers. I know I am not the only person who has experienced this. That is why I have suggested the QUESTION be revealed at the time the WRONG ANSWER is revealed!!!

11x SUPPORT
Helen E.

South Africa

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 27 days ago

The right answer does appear at the top of the page where you have the option of continuing by using aTCredit or starting over. I have found that playing KOT also helps. Because they are both based on facts, a lot of the same questions appear in both games.
The right answer does appear at the top of the page where you have the option of continuing by using aTCredit or starting over. I have found that playing KOT also helps. Because they are both based on facts, a lot of the same questions appear in both games.
Jenny B.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 27 days ago

There was a question last night on KOT - How many persons in your family wear prescription glasses? You could choose either two or three. The correct given answer was three. I submit that was an inappropriate question, with no right to be asked as a KOT question! By the way, I chose two.
There was a question last night on KOT - How many persons in your family wear prescription glasses? You could choose either two or three. The correct given answer was three. I submit that was an inappropriate question, with no right to be asked as a KOT question! By the way, I chose two.
3x SUPPORT
Franklin H.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

Posted 27 days ago 1 Reply

We purchased these questions and answers from a professional trivia company. So hopefully most of the answers are correct. At this point though, these questions have been very thoroughly vetted so hopefully any stinkers have been kicked out. We've definitely had some wrong in the past, so reporting it is really the best way to handle it. If only the gist of the question and the answer you guess would usually be enough to figure it out. Looking at some of the questions you got wrong today, none of the answers stand out as being wrong. Library of Congress is where we store books and Congress meets at the Capital. Second Vatican killed the Latin-only masses. Bin Laden's family was famously in construction. A few of them do stand out as being trick questions (almost absurdly in this case). First earliest printed book? My knee-jerk reaction would have been the Gutenberg Bible, and that's even what Google says. But that's part of the trick, as it's only the first [b]MECHANICALLY[/b] printed book. Diamond Sutra appears to be the correct answer there. Now if you are legitimately guessing the correct answers and it's somehow counting them wrong, that's obviously a big deal and worth looking into.
We purchased these questions and answers from a professional trivia company. So hopefully most of the answers are correct. At this point though, these questions have been very thoroughly vetted so hopefully any stinkers have been kicked out.

We've definitely had some wrong in the past, so reporting it is really the best way to handle it. If only the gist of the question and the answer you guess would usually be enough to figure it out.

Looking at some of the questions you got wrong today, none of the answers stand out as being wrong. Library of Congress is where we store books and Congress meets at the Capital. Second Vatican killed the Latin-only masses. Bin Laden's family was famously in construction.

A few of them do stand out as being trick questions (almost absurdly in this case).

First earliest printed book? My knee-jerk reaction would have been the Gutenberg Bible, and that's even what Google says. But that's part of the trick, as it's only the first MECHANICALLY printed book. Diamond Sutra appears to be the correct answer there.

Now if you are legitimately guessing the correct answers and it's somehow counting them wrong, that's obviously a big deal and worth looking into.

Adam

United States

Posted 27 days ago More by Aina L.

Hi Helen, I was in the same situation before. Frustrated when I could not keep my streak. With those wrong 'correct' answer situation, I spent unnecessary TCredits for this games. But now, I learned to control my usage of TCredits. When I see the score is more than 3500 at question no. 5 or 6, the chances of getting 8000 points is better, and I will use TCredits to continue, otherwise, I will just restart a new game. All the best to you, Helen, as 86 days streak is not an easy feat. And yes, we hope some checks will be put in place soon, so we can enjoy the game better, and with lesser frustration.
Hi Helen,
I was in the same situation before. Frustrated when I could not keep my streak.
With those wrong 'correct' answer situation, I spent unnecessary TCredits for this games. But now, I learned to control my usage of TCredits. When I see the score is more than 3500 at question no. 5 or 6, the chances of getting 8000 points is better, and I will use TCredits to continue, otherwise, I will just restart a new game.

All the best to you, Helen, as 86 days streak is not an easy feat.
And yes, we hope some checks will be put in place soon, so we can enjoy the game better, and with lesser frustration.
15x SUPPORT
Aina L.

Malaysia

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 27 days ago, edited 27 days ago 2 Replies

I agree that it would be nice to see a repeat of the question ([i]and the two, three or four answer choices[/i]) when we get the answer wrong, so that it can be easier to send details to support (so that they can fix that question/answer for if they plan on again including that question/answer in the future). Mostly, I sort of remember the question and other answer choices, especially if I've already chosen a 50/50 so there were only two answer choices to remember, but it would be a big help for all, I agree, if we can again see the question and the 4 (or 2 or 3) answers if our answer is marked wrong. As for using TCredits for Brain Sprint, I have not yet used a TCredit, but am "hanging in there" currently maintaining my top 20 position on the Brain Sprint leaderboard. Recently I reported a wrong answer scenario to Support - I explained that it was disheartening as it was for a 12th question (I was almost there and then my correct answer was marked wrong). I remembered the short question and the two answers as I'd chosen a 50/50 (I try to keep the 50/50's for the last 3 questions, or at least still have two to use when I get to the last 3 questions), and supplied Support with the question and two answer choices. Support apologized that Brain Sprint had caused me distress, and compensated me with 10 TCredits! :smile:
I agree that it would be nice to see a repeat of the question (and the two, three or four answer choices) when we get the answer wrong, so that it can be easier to send details to support (so that they can fix that question/answer for if they plan on again including that question/answer in the future).

Mostly, I sort of remember the question and other answer choices, especially if I've already chosen a 50/50 so there were only two answer choices to remember, but it would be a big help for all, I agree, if we can again see the question and the 4 (or 2 or 3) answers if our answer is marked wrong.

As for using TCredits for Brain Sprint, I have not yet used a TCredit, but am "hanging in there" currently maintaining my top 20 position on the Brain Sprint leaderboard.

Recently I reported a wrong answer scenario to Support - I explained that it was disheartening as it was for a 12th question (I was almost there and then my correct answer was marked wrong). I remembered the short question and the two answers as I'd chosen a 50/50 (I try to keep the 50/50's for the last 3 questions, or at least still have two to use when I get to the last 3 questions), and supplied Support with the question and two answer choices.

Support apologized that Brain Sprint had caused me distress, and compensated me with 10 TCredits!
24x SUPPORT
Teresa S.

South Africa

E365 Champion

Posted 26 days ago More by Aina L.

[quote=1498195] Support apologized that Brain Sprint had caused me distress, and compensated me with 10 TCredits! :smile:[/quote] Woww.... well worth the effort, Teresa.
Teresa S. posted:

Support apologized that Brain Sprint had caused me distress, and compensated me with 10 TCredits!

Woww.... well worth the effort, Teresa.
15x SUPPORT
Aina L.

Malaysia

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 26 days ago

Hi, Helen, You're right with your observation. I also encountered the same problem before, in my case the given "correct answer" was not even included in the choices! And that was frustrating! I don't know if that was technical error or what.
Hi, Helen,
You're right with your observation. I also encountered the same problem before, in my case the given "correct answer" was not even included in the choices! And that was frustrating! I don't know if that was technical error or what.
Shirley D.

Philippines

| Edit settings