SFI 20th Anniversary Special: $.89 PSAs! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Whatever auction has in AA, why can't we get to play

Posted 4 months ago More by SUBRATA S.

hello,i am from india,so some of the astro auction has written (you are not eligible to bid (like silver 76 pack,amazon giftcard) I KNOW THIS ITEMS HAS SHIPPING RESTICTIONS IN [i]INDIA[/i], but the question is that, if someone want to to play pick the bid in AA, then why it is not giving permission to play TO PICK THE PRICE,because,everybody knows pick the bid is only our assumption the final price.so why it is not giveing permission to play. SUBRATA
hello,i am from india,so some of the astro auction has written (you are not eligible to bid (like silver 76 pack,amazon giftcard)
I KNOW THIS ITEMS HAS SHIPPING RESTICTIONS IN INDIA,
but the question is that, if someone want to to play pick the bid in AA, then why it is not giving permission to play TO PICK THE PRICE,because,everybody knows pick the bid is only our assumption the final price.so why it is not giveing permission to play.
SUBRATA
SUBRATA S.

India

E365 Champion

Posted 4 months ago

Hello Subrata, As you already wrote, some AA items have restrictions depending on your country. But, there are enough other AA, where you can put a bid for Pick the Price. So, i don't see the problem ! Good luck during the auctions.
Hello Subrata,

As you already wrote, some AA items have restrictions depending on your country.

But, there are enough other AA, where you can put a bid for Pick the Price.
So, i don't see the problem !

Good luck during the auctions.
348x SUPPORT
Johan V.

Turkey

E365 Country Champion

HI MR.JOHAN thnk you for your reply but i want to know why.?
HI MR.JOHAN
thnk you for your reply but i want to know why.?
SUBRATA S.

India

E365 Champion

Posted 4 months ago

Add it in the Suggestion Box and perhaps they will look at changing the rules. Presently that is the way the Astro Auctions are set up. [b]Everyone doesn't have to bid on every auction[/b].
Add it in the Suggestion Box and perhaps they will look at changing the rules. Presently that is the way the Astro Auctions are set up. Everyone doesn't have to bid on every auction.
122x SUPPORT
Jessie M.

Canada

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #14

Posted 4 months ago

If there is any political, social, economic and legal restriction imposed by the country, what can we do? SFI may not be able to give further explanation. It's better for yourself to find out since you are residing in India. You may be able to get a list of scheduled restricted items/products from Customs or Immigration Departments or Trade and Commerce Department of the country. We have more than enough of other items to bid. Unless there is a provision that the winning item can be exchanged with gift certificate or tcredits. My friend from New Zealand once sent me a few hundred dollars cost of health food. Wanting to collect them at the Customs Department(Parcel Office), I was told that the items were restricted items. The items were confiscated.
If there is any political, social, economic and legal restriction imposed by the country, what can we do? SFI may not be able to give further explanation. It's better for yourself to find out since you are residing in India. You may be able to get a list of scheduled restricted items/products from Customs or Immigration Departments or Trade and Commerce Department of the country. We have more than enough of other items to bid. Unless there is a provision that the winning item can be exchanged with gift certificate or tcredits.

My friend from New Zealand once sent me a few hundred dollars cost of health food. Wanting to collect them at the Customs Department(Parcel Office), I was told that the items were restricted items. The items were confiscated.
8x SUPPORT
James N.

Malaysia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

HI JAMES N please read my word:TO PICK THE PRICE,because,everybody knows pick the bid is only our assumption the final price. subrata
HI JAMES N
please read my word:TO PICK THE PRICE,because,everybody knows pick the bid is only our assumption the final price.
subrata
SUBRATA S.

India

E365 Champion

Posted 4 months ago

Hi Subrata, https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1484925#post-1484924 Not satisfy, add it in the Suggestion Box. Best regards !!
Hi Subrata,

www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1484925#post-1484924

Not satisfy, add it in the Suggestion Box.

Best regards !!
2x SUPPORT
Prasad K.

India

E365 Country Champion

Posted 4 months ago

Hi Subrata, I think you have a valid question. But, as others have already said, you should submit this as a suggestion to corporate. Perhaps they will look at changing the rules for restricted auctions. Best of luck to you.
Hi Subrata, I think you have a valid question. But, as others have already said, you should submit this as a suggestion to corporate. Perhaps they will look at changing the rules for restricted auctions. Best of luck to you.
6x SUPPORT
Keith D.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 4 months ago

Consider this, in order to enter the PICK THE PRICE, you must have a valid bid in the auction. If the rules were changed so that you could bid on an item you are not allowed to win (in this case it is by India's law), then the pick the price entry would become a lottery, as that is the only participation you would be allowed. In the USA, lotteries are only allowed to limited, licensed entities (like states) and SFI is not prepared to become licensed to run a lottery. The constellation prize(s) would also be considered as lottery winnings. You would also be ineligible for the quantum constellation prize (the silver bar in this case). As a corporation based in the USA, SFI must adhere to USA laws.
Consider this, in order to enter the PICK THE PRICE, you must have a valid bid in the auction.

If the rules were changed so that you could bid on an item you are not allowed to win (in this case it is by India's law), then the pick the price entry would become a lottery, as that is the only participation you would be allowed. In the USA, lotteries are only allowed to limited, licensed entities (like states) and SFI is not prepared to become licensed to run a lottery.

The constellation prize(s) would also be considered as lottery winnings. You would also be ineligible for the quantum constellation prize (the silver bar in this case).

As a corporation based in the USA, SFI must adhere to USA laws.
6x SUPPORT
Bruce D.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings