Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

IMPORTANT MEMO FOR ALL SFI SPONSORS

Posted about 1 month ago More by Gery

To: All Sponsors From: SFI President Gery Carson What's the biggest obstacle to success in SFI? Most would agree that it's all about the lack of activity on the part of new affiliates. Indeed, if the "front-end" of SFI could be more efficient in creating engaged, active new affiliates, business and income would EXPLODE for all. "Cracking this code" has proven elusive. I really should say "re-cracking," because, in years past, we've been able to engage a much higher percentage of new people. But the numbers have fallen off, despite our best efforts. Why have they fallen off? That's the million dollar question. But I can tell you that, over our now-20-year history, the marketplace has shifted many, many times. What worked last month/last year no longer works this month/this year. Technology changes, governments change laws, behaviors change. What was once novel and exciting now no longer works...and visa versa, too! For example, email used to work wonderfully. Today, we're probably lucky if 5% receive and/or open the emails we send them. So, what's the answer? The answer is that we have to start testing new approaches. Moreover, we have to start doing it more scientifically, instead of simply trying to interpret the numbers on our data reports. That scientific approach is known as "Split" testing or "A/B" testing. Here's essentially how it works: Let's say I've got a new product I want to sell. I create two different ads (an "A" ad and a "B" ad). Each is distinctively different from the other. I expose my two ads each to the same number of people. The ad that produces the most sales is considered the winner. The ad with the lesser results is discarded. I now might take the winning ad and create two variations of it. For example, I might try two different headlines, or two different images, or different color schemes. From my NEW "A" and "B" I now determine again which produces the most sales...and I discard the other. I keep repeating this process until there's essentially no difference in results. At this point, I should have a solid, proven ad to generate optimal results from my advertising (well, at least for now, at least until the marketplace shifts). See how that works? You've removed guessing, speculation, instinct, "gut feeling," etc...and you've replaced them with scientific testing and good ole math. And that, my friends, is what we're going to put to work for us on the front-end. That is, effective immediately, we will begin A/B testing a variety of new landing pages/Smart Start approaches. And, actually, because we typically generate THOUSANDS of new sign-ups a day, we have the ability to do A/B/C or A/B/C/D or even A/B/C/D/E testing. That is, because we have such a large sample size available, we can actually effectively test 3, 4, 5, or more distinctly-different front-ends at the same time, putting each of the different approaches in front of an equal number of randomly chosen sign-ups. It also means we can much more quickly determine what approach is the most effective. [b]WHAT THIS MEANS TO YOU[/b] It means, VERY CLEARLY, that you need to make sure you keep your welcomes and initial contact/training GENERIC...because, at this time at least, you're not going to know which approach your new sign-ups sees. The good news is, a generic approach is always what I've recommended be used. There's an old saying that people don't care what you say until they know you care. A very wise saying that is!  It's also true that throwing lists of things to do, lots of links, etc. at new people is, more times than not, going to confuse and/or overwhelm them. And as a good friend has told me many times over the years, "A confused mind says no." So keep it brief, keep it friendly, and don't get into any potentially-confusing specifics (no matter how harmless it may seem). "HOW CAN I HELP YOU?" All of your messages should revolve around helping and serving your new PSA.  Make sure that this theme comes through loud and clear! Introduce yourself of course, but otherwise stick mainly to... "Do you have any questions I can answer for you?" and "If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask." There will be plenty of time later to recommend LaunchPad, the To-Do List, or whatever. And, don't forget, in the welcome letter they'll get from SFI we'll let them know about how to get started. So don't even worry about that, just break the ice and make sure they know you're there to help them! So...look over your welcomes/getting started materials and edit as needed. Then stay tuned as we embark on this very important test that, with any luck, will lay the foundation for a vastly more effective front-end within a few months. Here we go!
To: All Sponsors

What's the biggest obstacle to success in SFI? Most would agree that it's all about the lack of activity on the part of new affiliates. Indeed, if the "front-end" of SFI could be more efficient in creating engaged, active new affiliates, business and income would EXPLODE for all.

"Cracking this code" has proven elusive. I really should say "re-cracking," because, in years past, we've been able to engage a much higher percentage of new people. But the numbers have fallen off, despite our best efforts.

Why have they fallen off? That's the million dollar question. But I can tell you that, over our now-20-year history, the marketplace has shifted many, many times. What worked last month/last year no longer works this month/this year. Technology changes, governments change laws, behaviors change. What was once novel and exciting now no longer works...and visa versa, too! For example, email used to work wonderfully. Today, we're probably lucky if 5% receive and/or open the emails we send them.

So, what's the answer? The answer is that we have to start testing new approaches. Moreover, we have to start doing it more scientifically, instead of simply trying to interpret the numbers on our data reports.

That scientific approach is known as "Split" testing or "A/B" testing. Here's essentially how it works:

Let's say I've got a new product I want to sell. I create two different ads (an "A" ad and a "B" ad). Each is distinctively different from the other. I expose my two ads each to the same number of people. The ad that produces the most sales is considered the winner. The ad with the lesser results is discarded. I now might take the winning ad and create two variations of it.

For example, I might try two different headlines, or two different images, or different color schemes. From my NEW "A" and "B" I now determine again which produces the most sales...and I discard the other. I keep repeating this process until there's essentially no difference in results. At this point, I should have a solid, proven ad to generate optimal results from my advertising (well, at least for now, at least until the marketplace shifts).

See how that works? You've removed guessing, speculation, instinct, "gut feeling," etc...and you've replaced them with scientific testing and good ole math.

And that, my friends, is what we're going to put to work for us on the front-end. That is, effective immediately, we will begin A/B testing a variety of new landing pages/Smart Start approaches. And, actually, because we typically generate THOUSANDS of new sign-ups a day, we have the ability to do A/B/C or A/B/C/D or even A/B/C/D/E testing.

That is, because we have such a large sample size available, we can actually effectively test 3, 4, 5, or more distinctly-different front-ends at the same time, putting each of the different approaches in front of an equal number of randomly chosen sign-ups. It also means we can much more quickly determine what approach is the most effective.

WHAT THIS MEANS TO YOU

It means, VERY CLEARLY, that you need to make sure you keep your welcomes and initial contact/training GENERIC...because, at this time at least, you're not going to know which approach your new sign-ups sees.

The good news is, a generic approach is always what I've recommended be used.

There's an old saying that people don't care what you say until they know you care. A very wise saying that is!  It's also true that throwing lists of things to do, lots of links, etc. at new people is, more times than not, going to confuse and/or overwhelm them. And as a good friend has told me many times over the years, "A confused mind says no."

So keep it brief, keep it friendly, and don't get into any potentially-confusing specifics (no matter how harmless it may seem).

"HOW CAN I HELP YOU?"

All of your messages should revolve around helping and serving your new PSA.  Make sure that this theme comes through loud and clear! Introduce yourself of course, but otherwise stick mainly to...

"Do you have any questions I can answer for you?"

and

"If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask."

There will be plenty of time later to recommend LaunchPad, the To-Do List, or whatever. And, don't forget, in the welcome letter they'll get from SFI we'll let them know about how to get started. So don't even worry about that, just break the ice and make sure they know you're there to help them!

So...look over your welcomes/getting started materials and edit as needed. Then stay tuned as we embark on this very important test that, with any luck, will lay the foundation for a vastly more effective front-end within a few months.

Here we go!
Gery

United States

contains great tip

Posted about 1 month ago, edited about 1 month ago More by Leon M.

[quote=1564159]So, what's the answer? The answer is that we have to start testing new approaches. Moreover, we have to start doing it more scientifically, instead of simply trying to interpret the numbers on our data reports. That scientific approach is known as "Split" testing or "A/B" testing. Here's essentially how it works: Let's say I've got a new product I want to sell. I create two different ads (an "A" ad and a "B" ad). Each is distinctively different from the other. I expose my two ads each to the same number of people. The ad that produces the most sales is considered the winner. The ad with the lesser results is discarded. I now might take the winning ad and create two variations of it. For example, I might try two different headlines, or two different images, or different color schemes. From my NEW "A" and "B" I now determine again which produces the most sales...and I discard the other. I keep repeating this process until there's essentially no difference in results. At this point, I should have a solid, proven ad to generate optimal results from my advertising (well, at least for now, at least until the marketplace shifts). See how that works? You've removed guessing, speculation, instinct, "gut feeling," etc...and you've replaced them with scientific testing and good ole math. [/quote] Ok, now we're talking! This is exactly what we need, right now, to improve SFI's front-end. Additional reading: I posted some basic info on A/B Split testing in part 3 of my "$6 Lead Turns Into Millions of Dollars in Sales" thread(s): [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=118185]$6 Lead Turns Into Millions of Dollars in Sales[/url] Thanks Gery :thumbsup: Leon McKee
Gery posted:
So, what's the answer? The answer is that we have to start testing new approaches. Moreover, we have to start doing it more scientifically, instead of simply trying to interpret the numbers on our data reports.

That scientific approach is known as "Split" testing or "A/B" testing. Here's essentially how it works:

Let's say I've got a new product I want to sell. I create two different ads (an "A" ad and a "B" ad). Each is distinctively different from the other. I expose my two ads each to the same number of people. The ad that produces the most sales is considered the winner. The ad with the lesser results is discarded. I now might take the winning ad and create two variations of it.

For example, I might try two different headlines, or two different images, or different color schemes. From my NEW "A" and "B" I now determine again which produces the most sales...and I discard the other. I keep repeating this process until there's essentially no difference in results. At this point, I should have a solid, proven ad to generate optimal results from my advertising (well, at least for now, at least until the marketplace shifts).

See how that works? You've removed guessing, speculation, instinct, "gut feeling," etc...and you've replaced them with scientific testing and good ole math.

Ok, now we're talking! This is exactly what we need, right now, to improve SFI's front-end.

Additional reading: I posted some basic info on A/B Split testing in part 3 of my "$6 Lead Turns Into Millions of Dollars in Sales" thread(s):

$6 Lead Turns Into Millions of Dollars in Sales

Thanks Gery

Leon McKee
58x SUPPORT
Leon M.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #14

Posted about 1 month ago More by Marija B. 1 Reply

Thank you for this post. Really helpful information for all of us. In fact, I am always wondering how much is enough to approach new member. I will make a new, simple welcome letter and give it a try. Thanks again.
Thank you for this post. Really helpful information for all of us.
In fact, I am always wondering how much is enough to approach new member.
I will make a new, simple welcome letter and give it a try.
Thanks again.
34x SUPPORT
Marija B.

Serbia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago More by Randy I. 1 Reply

This testing has been around for a long time, though it too has evolved. Good move.
This testing has been around for a long time, though it too has evolved. Good move.
9x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Guru Rank: #1

Posted about 1 month ago, edited about 1 month ago 2 Replies

Thank you Gery for all the efforts to improve the SFI Program. I usually send an Ecard out for my introduction. I would like to know if I should take off the https://www.sfimg.com/path link. For now while SFI is in testing. Thank you! ([i]Removed quotation marks so the link would work - moderator[/i])
Thank you Gery for all the efforts to improve the SFI Program. I usually send an Ecard out for my introduction. I would like to know if I should take off the www.sfimg.com/path link. For now while SFI is in testing.
Thank you!

(Removed quotation marks so the link would work - moderator)
Jean R.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted about 1 month ago 1 Reply

Great information. I practice what I call shadow marketing. I promote different gateway links at the same sites that all point to SFI. This way members can see how professional SFI is with amazing gateways. I find it takes the average Joe Blog about 5 to 6 times of viewing a promotional before they take any action, I share with my team 3-4 sites to promote SFI with. Gaining massive exposure as we all promote at the same sites on the same days. I stress to all my team. To form the habit of starting daily at SFI. That we use our advertising porthole for ADVERTISING SFI solely.
Great information.
I practice what I call shadow marketing.
I promote different gateway links at the same sites that all point to SFI.
This way members can see how professional SFI is with amazing gateways.
I find it takes the average Joe Blog about 5 to 6 times of viewing a promotional before they take any action,
I share with my team 3-4 sites to promote SFI with.
Gaining massive exposure as we all promote at the same sites on the same days.
I stress to all my team.
To form the habit of starting daily at SFI. That we use our advertising porthole for ADVERTISING SFI solely.
30x SUPPORT
Maree W.

New Zealand

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

[quote=1564173]Thank you Gery for all the efforts to improve the SFI Program. I usually send an Ecard out for my introduction. I would like to know if I should take off the " https://www.sfimg.com/path" link. For now while SFI is in testing. Thank you![/quote] I don't think you can go too wrong with that link personally.
Jean R. posted:
Thank you Gery for all the efforts to improve the SFI Program. I usually send an Ecard out for my introduction. I would like to know if I should take off the " www.sfimg.com/path" link. For now while SFI is in testing.
Thank you!

I don't think you can go too wrong with that link personally.
Gery

United States

[quote=1564168]This testing has been around for a long time...[/quote] Yep, and we've used it in the past, but it's been a number of years now since we really did a [i]strict, controlled[/i] test like we are initiating now. I'm excited to see how it goes and I'm prepared to be humbled! That is, what I think works best, what my years of marketing experience tell me should work best...may turn out to be what works the [i]least[/i] best! Let's find out and create an explosion of active new affiliates in 2019!
Randy I. posted:
This testing has been around for a long time...

Yep, and we've used it in the past, but it's been a number of years now since we really did a strict, controlled test like we are initiating now. I'm excited to see how it goes and I'm prepared to be humbled! That is, what I think works best, what my years of marketing experience tell me should work best...may turn out to be what works the least best! Let's find out and create an explosion of active new affiliates in 2019!
Gery

United States

Posted about 1 month ago

Thanks Gery, you're always looking out for new ways to improve and better this business. I'm running right away to editing and saving my welcome letter. #TEAMSFI#WINNINGTEAM#. Hope we'll take advantage of this opportunity to grow new active affiliates and our online business.
Thanks Gery, you're always looking out for new ways to improve and better this business. I'm running right away to editing and saving my welcome letter.

#TEAMSFI#WINNINGTEAM#. Hope we'll take advantage of this opportunity to grow new active affiliates and our online business.
SUPPORT
Faith N.

Nigeria

contains great tip

Posted about 1 month ago

In exit interviews many are not understanding where the money is made, they keep looking at the fact purchases are optional and saying there is no money in that which we all know is wrong but they can't see it. They keep looking for an upgrade that doesn't exist and just can't see value in many of the products on TripleClicks, meaning they don't understand t-credits well enough or how auctions work and that shows in forums where often Bids are referred to as bets by many non-English first language members. Many people explain this well but try to do it in one contact, but it should be broken down into spoon-sized e-mails in a series. Don't overwhelm them and show them the money early on and you'll do fine. Andy Zeus Anderson
In exit interviews many are not understanding where the money is made, they keep looking at the fact purchases are optional and saying there is no money in that which we all know is wrong but they can't see it. They keep looking for an upgrade that doesn't exist and just can't see value in many of the products on TripleClicks, meaning they don't understand t-credits well enough or how auctions work and that shows in forums where often Bids are referred to as bets by many non-English first language members.

Many people explain this well but try to do it in one contact, but it should be broken down into spoon-sized e-mails in a series. Don't overwhelm them and show them the money early on and you'll do fine.

Andy Zeus Anderson
68x SUPPORT
Andrew A.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #9

Posted about 1 month ago

Great Gery! I'm perfectly agree with you it is essential to continuously improve the language of what we are offering, and adapt it to new technologies People are immediately influenced by the Internet and adapt quickly to those patterns, while we and our business could still be anchored to concepts that previously worked and now no longer work.
Great Gery!
I'm perfectly agree with you
it is essential to continuously improve the language of what we are offering, and adapt it to new technologies
People are immediately influenced by the Internet and adapt quickly to those patterns, while we and our business could still be anchored to concepts that previously worked and now no longer work.
SUPPORT
Giuseppe F.

Italy

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago

Thanks for this very important information. I believe it will yield critical data which could be used to greatly improve SFI
Thanks for this very important information. I believe it will yield critical data which could be used to greatly improve SFI
Benjamin Y.

Nigeria

| Edit settings