Grab up to 13,000 free, business-boosting CSAs when you advance your rank this month! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Knock Out Trivia Points

Posted 8 days ago More by Jimmy B.

Hi! I just wonder why some of my trivia points dissapear every day? I thought it was every 30 days it cut in half, for an exemple I have say about 3070 trivia points after I have played and the day after I only have about 2990-3000 if not less? it feels like take one step forward and the day after I have take one step backwards, I am not coming anywhere I stand at the same point every day, and if I miss one day I have lost more points, should it be so or have I encountered a bug? I just wonder because it feels meaningless to stand at the same place every day .. / Jimmy.B :-)
Hi! I just wonder why some of my trivia points dissapear every day? I thought it was every 30 days it cut in half, for an exemple I have say about 3070 trivia points after I have played and the day after I only have about 2990-3000 if not less? it feels like take one step forward and the day after I have take one step backwards, I am not coming anywhere I stand at the same point every day, and if I miss one day I have lost more points, should it be so or have I encountered a bug? I just wonder because it feels meaningless to stand at the same place every day .. / Jimmy.B :-)
7x SUPPORT
Jimmy B.

Sweden

Posted 8 days ago

Hello Jimmy! You are right you lose half of the points you made 30 days before to help equalize the scoreboard and make it feasible for newbies to get a chance at the leaderboard. If there wasn't any equalization the leaders would be up in the millions of points. Ed P
Hello Jimmy!

You are right you lose half of the points you made 30 days before to help equalize the scoreboard and make it feasible for newbies to get a chance at the leaderboard. If there wasn't any equalization the leaders would be up in the millions of points.

Ed P
SUPPORT
Ed P.

Canada

Posted 8 days ago More by Raymond L.

Hi Jimmy B., Are you talking Trivia Points from your Medals count or just Triviaknockout Poll points. Just trying to clarify before I can give you a very precise answer.
Hi Jimmy B., Are you talking Trivia Points from your Medals count or just Triviaknockout Poll points. Just trying to clarify before I can give you a very precise answer.
2x SUPPORT
Raymond L.

Canada

E365 Country Champion

Posted 8 days ago

You wondering where your trivia points went. Have you checked the badge section to see your badge for Trivia points? I've never heard of affiliates losing trivia points.
You wondering where your trivia points went. Have you checked the badge section to see your badge for Trivia points? I've never heard of affiliates losing trivia points.
5x SUPPORT
Stephen B.

United States

E365 Champion

Hi Raymond! I mean the points I got when I play Knock Out Trivia, pollpoints isnt that what you get when you play Gold Streak? :-)
Hi Raymond! I mean the points I got when I play Knock Out Trivia, pollpoints isnt that what you get when you play Gold Streak? :-)
7x SUPPORT
Jimmy B.

Sweden

Posted 8 days ago

[quote=1512011]Hi! I just wonder why some of my trivia points dissapear every day? I thought it was every 30 days it cut in half, for an exemple I have say about 3070 trivia points after I have played and the day after I only have about 2990-3000 if not less? it feels like take one step forward and the day after I have take one step backwards, I am not coming anywhere I stand at the same point every day, and if I miss one day I have lost more points, should it be so or have I encountered a bug? I just wonder because it feels meaningless to stand at the same place every day .. / Jimmy.B :-)[/quote] Hi Jim ! As per official rules : "Note: So that all players have the opportunity to reach the top of the leaderboard, points won are halved every 30 days." Read more at : https://blog.eagerzebra.com/2014/07/07/tips-for-knockout-trivia/ Best regards !
Jimmy B. posted:

Hi Jim !

As per official rules :

"Note: So that all players have the opportunity to reach the top of the leaderboard, points won are halved every 30 days."

Read more at :

blog.eagerzebra.com/2014/07/07/tips-for-knockout-trivia/

Best regards !
294x SUPPORT
Sead Š.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

E365 Champion

Posted 8 days ago More by Raymond L.

Hi Jimmy B., You get poll points when you play Knockout Trivia also and that is a section of the medals.; So, look for rules and conditions and click me again so I can direct you to the right place. Good Luck!
Hi Jimmy B., You get poll points when you play Knockout Trivia also and that is a section of the medals.;
So, look for rules and conditions and click me again so I can direct you to the right place.
Good Luck!
2x SUPPORT
Raymond L.

Canada

E365 Country Champion

Posted 8 days ago

If 30 days ago you scored more points than you did today, your total will go down. If you want it to go UP, you'll need to score more points every day than what you did 30 days back.
If 30 days ago you scored more points than you did today, your total will go down. If you want it to go UP, you'll need to score more points every day than what you did 30 days back.
Gery

United States

Posted 8 days ago, edited 8 days ago More by Stephen D.

After your first 30-days, a new day enters the "[b]half-life[/b]" 30-day decay slide; Every 30-days the net-value of points decay by 50%. If Day-1 you had 100, on Day- 31 they drop to 50% 61 they drop to 25 91 they drop to 12.5 121 they drop to 6.25 151 they drop to 3.125 etc. Day-361 they drop to ZERO as the value is extremely small otherwise. :mag: (alternatively, this process could be implemented on a monthly-date base) This prevents us 'old-timers' from dominating the Leaderboard here, and on several other Leaderboards too. :scroll: To gain on a Leaderboard, you need to [u]outperform[/u] others, mainly within the last 30-days. :chart_with_upwards_trend: Best Wishes,
After your first 30-days, a new day enters the "half-life" 30-day decay slide;

Every 30-days the net-value of points decay by 50%. If Day-1 you had 100, on Day-
31 they drop to 50%
61 they drop to 25
91 they drop to 12.5
121 they drop to 6.25
151 they drop to 3.125
etc.
Day-361 they drop to ZERO as the value is extremely small otherwise.

(alternatively, this process could be implemented on a monthly-date base)

This prevents us 'old-timers' from dominating the Leaderboard here, and on several other Leaderboards too.

To gain on a Leaderboard, you need to outperform others, mainly within the last 30-days.

Best Wishes,
13x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 8 days ago More by Jimmy B. 1 Reply

So its normal that the score view different from day to day? I thought the score was drawn once a month and not daily like it do for me.. thank you all for the answers I do not know if I become much wiser of it ,but its normal to lose scores daily as I understand it.. :-)
So its normal that the score view different from day to day? I thought the score was drawn once a month and not daily like it do for me.. thank you all for the answers I do not know if I become much wiser of it ,but its normal to lose scores daily as I understand it.. :-)
7x SUPPORT
Jimmy B.

Sweden

Posted 8 days ago More by Stephen D.

[quote=1512180]So its normal that the score view different from day to day? I thought the score was drawn once a month and not daily like it do for me.. thank you all for the answers I do not know if I become much wiser of it ,but its normal to lose scores daily as I understand it.. :-)[/quote] I assume you Jimmy are discussing Trivia Points as shown on this Leaderboard: https://www.tripleclicks.com/games/EZ_Leaderboard.php?leaderboard=trivia (not the Badge Quest Points associated with any related BQ-Badges) 1) You [u]gain[/u] Points instantly at the end of each KOT game you play. 2) You [u]lose[/u] 50% of Points at the end of 30-days, then 50% of the [b]remainder[/b] of Todays` Points every 30-days, for games that you played on (the opposite end of) that 'anniversary' as they 'evaporate' to insignificance on their 12th 30-day anniversary 3) Every day a new 30-day old 'group' starts down this bumpy, slippery-slope or stairs. [b]A Scientist would say that Trivia Points have a "30-day half-life".[/b] I hope this concept helps.
Jimmy B. posted:

I assume you Jimmy are discussing Trivia Points as shown on this Leaderboard: www.tripleclicks.com/games/EZ_Leaderboard.php?leaderboard=trivia
(not the Badge Quest Points associated with any related BQ-Badges)

1) You gain Points instantly at the end of each KOT game you play.

2) You lose 50% of Points at the end of 30-days, then 50% of the remainder of Todays` Points every 30-days, for games that you played on (the opposite end of) that 'anniversary' as they 'evaporate' to insignificance on their 12th 30-day anniversary

3) Every day a new 30-day old 'group' starts down this bumpy, slippery-slope or stairs.

A Scientist would say that Trivia Points have a "30-day half-life".

I hope this concept helps.
13x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Hi! Yes Stephen thats the point I mean and this points changes for me every day and not once every 30th day, every day must I play to get the points that I lost from the day before, It feels that I never can step up in points I just stay on the same place and stumps and that was the question if thats the way it should be or is it just me that have that problem? Jimmy.B :-)
Hi! Yes Stephen thats the point I mean and this points changes for me every day and not once every 30th day, every day must I play to get the points that I lost from the day before, It feels that I never can step up in points I just stay on the same place and stumps and that was the question if thats the way it should be or is it just me that have that problem? Jimmy.B :-)
7x SUPPORT
Jimmy B.

Sweden

| Edit settings