Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Do not reply to this email

Posted 9 months ago

About two years ago, there was a lengthy discussion on this subject, I am politely asking that we re visit it since there seem to be no change in the way mail sent out on our behalf under genealogy. May I suggest the following change: Replace 'Do not reply to this email' With : .you may reply to sender of this mail (name with e-mail address) thus avoiding SFI Server. Do not reply to this email is a bold and strong statement before the eyes of any new comer. Let's try to encourage our new prospects and not allowing any chance for doubts and confusion. We need them, they are our 'future'. Yes, SFI is a fun place to be, welcome one, welcome all! Thank you for you time.
About two years ago, there was a lengthy discussion on this subject, I am politely asking that we re visit it since there seem to be no change in the way mail sent out on our behalf under genealogy.
May I suggest the following change:
Replace 'Do not reply to this email'
With : .you may reply to sender of this mail (name with e-mail address) thus avoiding SFI Server.
Do not reply to this email is a bold and strong statement before the eyes of any new comer.
Let's try to encourage our new prospects and not allowing any chance for doubts and confusion.
We need them, they are our 'future'.
Yes, SFI is a fun place to be, welcome one, welcome all!
Thank you for you time.
3x SUPPORT
Clarence W.

United States

E365 Runner Up

Posted 9 months ago

Dear Clarence W , Interesting approach , It is necessary to try . Thank you for your time and your experience . All the Best !
Dear Clarence W ,
Interesting approach ,
It is necessary to try .
Thank you for your time and your experience .
All the Best !
293x SUPPORT
Zoran V.

Serbia

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 9 months ago

Hello Clarence: I agree with you. I think some people will just tune out the sponsor and co-sponsor's emails when they see that because they do not know the difference between the emails until they have been associated with SFI for a while and understand exactly what a sponsor/co-sponsor is and what they mean to them. I hope your request is looked at and the response is thought out.
Hello Clarence:

I agree with you. I think some people will just tune out the sponsor and co-sponsor's emails when they see that because they do not know the difference between the emails until they have been associated with SFI for a while and understand exactly what a sponsor/co-sponsor is and what they mean to them.
I hope your request is looked at and the response is thought out.
4x SUPPORT
Al M.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 9 months ago

Good idea, it might be helpful if it is technically possible. Thank you.
Good idea, it might be helpful if it is technically possible.
Thank you.
33x SUPPORT
Marija B.

Serbia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 months ago

Hello Clarence, That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing this tip.
Hello Clarence,
That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing this tip.
Michelle D.

United States

Posted 9 months ago

Hello Clarence, Impressive and thoughtful suggestion you've got there but the messages are on auto responder. Will the suggestion be technically possible? I am not sure but if it is possible, what stops it from being given a trial? The more the merrier!!!
Hello Clarence,
Impressive and thoughtful suggestion you've got there but the messages are on auto responder. Will the suggestion be technically possible? I am not sure but if it is possible, what stops it from being given a trial?
The more the merrier!!!
6x SUPPORT
Yusuf O.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion

Posted 9 months ago

Dear Clarence, I support your idea. The present system may please be changed to avoid any misinterpretation by the newbies.Hope some change like this one help building a team. K.P.Rao
Dear Clarence, I support your idea. The present system may please be changed to avoid any misinterpretation by the newbies.Hope some change like this one help building a team.
K.P.Rao
K Parameshwara R.

India

E365 Runner Up

Posted 9 months ago

I'd go one step further: I've seen this done at other sites I've been part of for different reasons. The system sends out the email on behalf of the person in the system. The reply-to is set via code in the system's back end to populate the to: field with the person's email address should the recipient hit the reply button on their mail client. Most mail systems have this capability already set up as an option somewhere in the back end. It just needs to be enabled. For custom-coded systems, it may have to be added or at least told where to find the sender's email address so as to do the appropriate populating when the recipient hits reply. I agree that the no reply message is a turn-off, but there are perfectly workable solutions out there. SFI just needs to implement one of them. They do exist. I've used them as a sender and a recipient.
I'd go one step further: I've seen this done at other sites I've been part of for different reasons. The system sends out the email on behalf of the person in the system. The reply-to is set via code in the system's back end to populate the to: field with the person's email address should the recipient hit the reply button on their mail client.

Most mail systems have this capability already set up as an option somewhere in the back end. It just needs to be enabled. For custom-coded systems, it may have to be added or at least told where to find the sender's email address so as to do the appropriate populating when the recipient hits reply.

I agree that the no reply message is a turn-off, but there are perfectly workable solutions out there. SFI just needs to implement one of them. They do exist. I've used them as a sender and a recipient.
7x SUPPORT
Marilynn D.

Canada

Posted 9 months ago

Yes, it is possible but the "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" heading is very common among a lot of businesses and government departments. I am sure most people, including new SFI affiliates are aware of this and not confused. It's an industry standard. So I don't think SFI's use of this is detrimental in any way. If a "newbie" doesn't want to respond they won't.
Yes, it is possible but the "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" heading is very common among a lot of businesses and government departments. I am sure most people, including new SFI affiliates are aware of this and not confused. It's an industry standard. So I don't think SFI's use of this is detrimental in any way. If a "newbie" doesn't want to respond they won't.
6x SUPPORT
Gilbert M.

New Zealand

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 months ago

[quote=1287127]About two years ago, there was a lengthy discussion on this subject, I am politely asking that we re visit it since there seem to be no change in the way mail sent out on our behalf under genealogy. May I suggest the following change: Replace 'Do not reply to this email' With : .you may reply to sender of this mail (name with e-mail address) thus avoiding SFI Server. Do not reply to this email is a bold and strong statement before the eyes of any new comer. Let's try to encourage our new prospects and not allowing any chance for doubts and confusion. We need them, they are our 'future'. Yes, SFI is a fun place to be, welcome one, welcome all! Thank you for you time. [/quote] Hi, You really have a good point here, thanks for the knowledge share , you are doing wonderfully great job, Bravo
Clarence W. posted:
About two years ago, there was a lengthy discussion on this subject, I am politely asking that we re visit it since there seem to be no change in the way mail sent out on our behalf under genealogy.
May I suggest the following change:
Replace 'Do not reply to this email'
With : .you may reply to sender of this mail (name with e-mail address) thus avoiding SFI Server.
Do not reply to this email is a bold and strong statement before the eyes of any new comer.
Let's try to encourage our new prospects and not allowing any chance for doubts and confusion.
We need them, they are our 'future'.
Yes, SFI is a fun place to be, welcome one, welcome all!
Thank you for you time.

Hi,
You really have a good point here, thanks for the knowledge share , you are doing wonderfully great job, Bravo
Kingsley O.

Nigeria

Posted 9 months ago

Thank you for the suggestion Clarence That will be a great Call-To-Action approach. Until then why NOT add it on all your letters Within my letters I use Call-To-Action lines like: "If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at XXXXX." "Get in touch with me here....XXXX or XXXXX what ever is more convenient for you." "Let's work together - can I contact you or would you like to chat via email - Let me know at XXXXX" and I also do something like this after closing Kind Regards Sanchia Ackerman Your Sponsor/CoSponsor Leadership page PS. Remember I am here to assist you - let me help you - Please contact me at: Email: xxxxxxx xxxx xxxx It all depends on the letter we compose. I try adding something fresh and myself is still learning everyday so do what works for you. Best wishes
Thank you for the suggestion Clarence
That will be a great Call-To-Action approach.
Until then why NOT add it on all your letters

Within my letters I use Call-To-Action lines like:
"If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at XXXXX."
"Get in touch with me here....XXXX or XXXXX what ever is more convenient for you."
"Let's work together - can I contact you or would you like to chat via email - Let me know at XXXXX"

and I also do something like this after closing

Kind Regards Sanchia Ackerman
Your Sponsor/CoSponsor
Leadership page

PS. Remember I am here to assist you - let me help you - Please contact me at:
Email: xxxxxxx
xxxx
xxxx

It all depends on the letter we compose. I try adding something fresh and myself is still learning everyday so do what works for you.

Best wishes
SUPPORT
Sanchia A.

South Africa

E365 Runner Up

Liked by Ronald P. Sandra M.

Posted 9 months ago

As with all company emails or letters from any business you always have your signature area at the bottom. Get Creative this is your last chance to capture there interest if they have made it this far. Sincerely, Stephanie “Stormy” T Email: Facebook: WhatsApp: Team [img]https://i.imgur.com/NXVo3Hi.jpg[/img]
As with all company emails or letters from any business you always have your signature area at the bottom. Get Creative this is your last chance to capture there interest if they have made it this far.

Sincerely,

Stephanie “Stormy” T
Email:
Facebook:
WhatsApp:
Team
Stephanie T.

United States

E365 Country Champion

Liked by Sandra M.

| Edit settings