Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

33x SUPPORT
Sherwood L.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

19 posts

What happens when SFI web page is down in Miscellaneous #Leadership

12 days ago

Hi Maclinear M.,
Most likely, if the page is down, it cannot record any activity, thus, you and SFI will be affected by the problem. Life has its share of problems, we simply work through them the best that we can. From personal experience with SFI, I have seen web page issues on more than one occasion. I found out latter that the issue was resolved but I missed out on some perks because I did not check back often to see when the webpage issue was resolved. The best thing is to check as often as possible to see when a situation has been corrected. I am sure that SFI, being the type of business that it is and being as large as it is, has alerts that let someone know when there is an issue with the system - and thus, they have someone working on the issue right away. Try not to worry about what might happen, just work on through those things that we already face on a daily bases.

9 posts

General Lack of Trust Hinders Localvantia Registrations in Marketing #Localvantia #Marketing

29 days ago

It sounds like the PSA has no trust in SFI. If that is the case, there is not much you can do for that PSA - he or she has to have trust in the product before they can sell to someone else who don't know the company.

15 posts

Following the route for success must count for something. in Ask Gery #ECA #Rewardical #Sales

29 days ago

I think that only Gery and his support team can answer that question for you.

67 posts

Meaning of Sponsor for those that live outside the US in Suggestion Box #Sponsor #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Hi Valdre R. H.,

I will tell you why people don't read.

I joined SFI in the year 2000. At that time, SFI was still publishing their "Six Figure Income magazine".

For a look at the cover; See: www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?id=203429&referrer=search

I joined because I was very much into Income Opportunities. The magazine was a big pull for me - it was a glossy, high quality magazine with quality information on income opportunity - based upon experts in the field. Even though the cost was at the top of my price range, the content was well worth the price.

Where am I going with this?

Well, there are email platforms that offer the ability to send emails that have the appeal of those early glossy magazines. I receive them from various companies from time to time. I read them even when I am aware from the title, that I may not be interested in the information, at least not for that present moment.

Titles or Subject:

The titles has to capture one's attention based upon what their individual interests are. If the receiver is not interested in the subject matter, they will not read any further. The title has to be unique - addressing an issue with the promise of The solution, all in a few words. It cannot be passive!

The content has to have visual appeal as well as easy to read information - no beating around the bush.

Now - the solution to the question as to why people don't read - these days, most of the writers don't make the material exciting to the eye, exciting to the emotions, and exciting to the intellect. And, in this age of fear of being spiritual - there is an aspect of humans that long for spiritual support (not necessarily "religious"). Love is spiritual (not emotional), and it is prompted by the unselfish good we do for and to others.

All of this can be captured in a painting, a piece of music or a word or a few words such as prose and poetry.

I can testify that all of that was in SFI's Six Figure Income magazines. I place that material right up there with Zig Ziglar and Russ Von Hoelscher.

Now, I can give you the simple part of the answer; the writer has to engage the Whole Human being and the reader has to be ready and hungry for the information. Feed the hunger and the people will return time and time again for more.

67 posts

Meaning of Sponsor for those that live outside the US in Suggestion Box #Sponsor #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Hi Joseph P. and Stephen D.

I think the dictionary definition of sponsor is alright - we just need to let new affiliate know, up front, what they can expect from their sponsor.

Here is something Gery stated in Solutions...

Solutions
www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?catid=26444&id=210212

"Now that you understand that, let's look at this from another angle: What do you expect your sponsor to do for you? He or she can't magically turn you into a success (that's up to you, as I've explained above). What a sponsor CAN and SHOULD do, however, is help you with your concerns, help you get your questions answered, etc."

I took portions of this and placed it in my welcome message:

What to expect your sponsor to do for you!

"He or she can't magically turn you into a success .... What a sponsor CAN and SHOULD do, however, is help you with your concerns, help you get your questions answered, etc."

As your sponsor, I'm here to help you with any questions you might have, and I'll do my best to support you in any other way that I can.

67 posts

about 1 month ago

At first, I was all for changing the term "sponsor" to another term. But, due to the discussion in this thread, I am more inclined to keep the term 'sponsor' and simply explain the SFI concept of sponsor up front to new affiliates.

Earlier today, I changed my welcome message to include such an explanation to let the new affiliate to understand what to expect from his or her sponsor.

15 posts

Purchase VP missing in VersaPoints chart in Miscellaneous

about 1 month ago

I think Sead is correct. My sales VP would not be as high as it is if it did not include my purchase VP

15 posts

Purchase VP missing in VersaPoints chart in Miscellaneous

about 1 month ago

Hi Tanja K., when I look at that color, sometimes it looks green and sometimes it looks blue. I figured it may be due to my eye sight or my computer's ability to represent that specific color or a combination of the two.

10 posts

E-mail marketing in Marketing #Marketing #Sales #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Hi John W.,

If you look a the preview of a banner in SFI marketing aids, you will see it has two parts; one starts with (a href=), everything with in the quote is the address you wish the person to go to the posting or address or landing page. The other one, the image starts with (img src=), the information in the quote is the image URL.

copy and paste the information inside the quotes to the proper location.

67 posts

about 1 month ago

I would like to look at this from a different angle. What is we keep the term 'sponsor' and SFI provide a type of 'disclaimer' up front, explaining SFI's concept of "sponsor"? Then the new affiliates, as well as everyone else could refer back to that disclaimer. Much of the information is already posted in SFI - we just need the new affiliate to be pointed to it up front.

I did a search in SFI on 'sponsor' and there is a lot of information. Here is one that I think stands out:

"What do you expect your sponsor to do for you? He or she can't magically turn you into a success (that's up to you, as I've explained above). What a sponsor CAN and SHOULD do, however, is help you with your concerns, help you get your questions answered, etc."
www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?catid=26444&id=210212

We still have sponsor ratings, thus, it is good for those who stay with SFI, to understand what to expect from a sponsor in order to give a quality rating of their sponsor.

Changing the word sponsor to another term may present a bigger problem. I think an up front attention to the tern sponsor as used in SFI would help all of us and would be a simple solution to the issue.

As there may be different connotations of 'disclaimer', I wish to provide this connotation: "A disclaimer is generally any statement intended to specify or delimit the scope of rights and obligations that may be exercised and enforced by parties in a legally recognized relationship."

67 posts

about 1 month ago

Thanks Robert O., I think that which you have stated is the essence of the whole idea. It fits nicely with Zig Ziglar's motivational concepts about helping people, and in turn, they will help you. If we start out with a word that is a negative, or produce negative feelings, everything else, all our efforts, will be for nothing.

SFI is based in America but it is a global business, it seeks to help people of all countries. Thus, all people should be considered in how we present SFI.

9 posts

HELP in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra #Getting Started

about 1 month ago

When you click on play, the main page stays up, but you should have a pop-up window with the available sports to play.

right now, I could play : NCAA MB ; or, NBA ; or, NFL

They are circled in blue

Only the sports that are in season will show up.

67 posts

about 1 month ago

In that case, technically, SFI would be the real sponsor of all of us affiliates? Those of us who have studied and have some knowledge of the SFI platform can then mentor others coming into the network. But, we really would not be sponsors in the true sense of the term.

67 posts

about 1 month ago

Hi Michael A.,

That is not the proper way to view the situation. Many of the people that I encounter that see "sponsor" according to the definition of providing financial support are from African countries. Most of the Africans that I know, personally, are hard working people. I have relatives and friends in South Africa, Kenya, Ghana, and even though I reside in the USA, my community is made up of several residents from many other African countries to include the ones mentioned. Many of then has "sponsors" to help them get here and to take care of them until such time that they could become independent. So, we need to make it clear, up front, when talking to people from those areas, what it means to be a sponsor in SFI. The easiest way to do that is through the use of different words - words that take into consideration the different cultures of the planet. After all, this is a global business.

67 posts

about 1 month ago

I have ran across that problem as well. It seems that many new affiliates use this definition of sponsor: "a person or organization that provides funds for a project or activity carried out by another, in particular." ; "provide funds for (a project or activity or the person carrying it out)."

In some of the network marketing programs of days gone by, that was actually true of MLM and Network Marketing- your sponsor paid your way into the program.

Times have changed - it is easier to change the words that we use than it is to change people's perceptions of old words.

8 posts

Closing Is Not A Set Of Skills!!! in Marketing #Marketing

about 1 month ago

Hi Bruce, on the point of listening to the other person; when I read the title of this post, I said to myself, that has to be a post by Bruce. Listening is about being able to get to know the person, to feel their energy, their needs and desires. You have a strong desire to help others and it shows in your presentation ... Thanks very much.

11 posts

Being Active in the Forum. in Miscellaneous #Getting Started #Leadership #Team Building

about 1 month ago

It is always good to have input from other people. So, yes, it is a very good time for you to add your thoughts to the forum.

I find some post difficult to understand, but I try not to judge others on what they attempt to communicate. Sometimes, when I re-read what I have written, I think that I should have said things a lot differently. We can only write and rewrite so much before we click submit.

16 posts

Ghost Sign-ups in Team Building #Marketing #PSA #Sales

about 1 month ago

Hi James, the main point may be "phoney / ghost sign-ups". I am thinking that "ghost signups" are people who give "phoney" names (not genuine; fraudulent) just to log in and see what they can find without committing their real information.

Usually, this might be due to them getting burnt by other programs and they still want to see what's out there but are afraid to take chances.

There are steps that can be taken to weed out phoney emails and phoney names, but I do not believe that all of them can be weeded out. So, we take our chances when we buy leads (potential affiliates). That is the cost of doing business.

In the old days of physical mail order, one test different mailing leads companies. If you get good results with a test amount, you buy more from that company. If you get bad result, i.e. a lot of return mail - you don't buy from that company anymore.

9 posts

Does Country Of Origin Matter? in Team Building #Team Building

about 1 month ago

From what I have read in the forum form other members all over the globe, everyone is experiencing the same problem with inactive members in their team. So, in that sense, country of origin is not the problem. It is the nature of this type of business, you reach out to anyone and everyone, but only a select few will be able and willing to advance in this type of business. So, you keep reaching out, searching for those few gems that turn out to be active workers. There is nothing wrong with those who do not work this business, it just was not for them. Those same people may be very active doing those things that they like and or understand for their position in life. Don't worry, some of those who are inactive, may become active one day - when they do, welcome them and support them as best as possible.

7 posts

Using Solo Ads in Marketing #Marketing #TripleClicks

about 1 month ago

solo ads should work well when the ad copy match the audience of the ezine that runs the solo ad

8 posts

Showing Off SFI in Ask Gery #Marketing

about 1 month ago

Hi Bulelwa S.,

Here is a link to information about the SFI T-shirts -

news.sfimg.com/2014/07/30/new-eager-zebra-games-promo-t-shirts-are-here/

when you follow the link below, you will find that they are no longer available

www.tripleclicks.com/detail.php?item=368015

44 posts

I'm Posting Free Ads Daily To Find My Future... Diamonds! in Marketing #Getting Started #Marketing #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Hi Nelson J.,

If I may, I would suggest using your leads credits as you receive them. They are like little seeds that can grow into mighty trees.

I like the inspiring wisdom found in this old Chinese proverb:

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

While you are waiting on building many seeds, you could be growing many trees that will produce many more seeds within your SFI tree (your affiliate team).

10 posts

Where can I find info of our Network members by country? in Miscellaneous #Localvantia #Marketing #Rewardical

about 1 month ago

Maybe you could use the fact that the younger generation is growing up with tablets in school as a selling point to the older generation. We have to be examples to our children and also be able to help them understand our current society. Thus, we have need to learn what our children are learning.

I search TripleClicks for "computers" and there are lots of information and a few computers that would help potential affiliates understand computers and even buy computers from through your efforts. Don't wait for them to simply wake up, be the "alarm clock", wake them up (softly of course), to this new day and probably a new way of success.

For every problem the potential customers present, see if you can find a solution within SFI to help solve their problem.

You could become sort of an ambassador for computers in your country - championing the need of computers and for computer literacy.

10 posts

Where can I find info of our Network members by country? in Miscellaneous #Localvantia #Marketing #Rewardical

about 1 month ago

Hi Sanchia A.,

I am just wondering that if only a few people are in SFI in your country, and you consider SFI to be a great opportunity, and, you wish to target potential affiliates in your country - wouldn't it be better if the numbers are small? If so, then you have an open market of potential affiliates.

35 posts

What is missing on our site that other similar sites offer in Team Building #Marketing #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Hi Mary,

If I understand you correctly, I think that would be a bad idea. We would have too many affiliates competing for the same potential sign-ups. It would be better to have a large variety of text ads that were generic and promoted curiosity and linked to our own custom domain links that we each advertised in a variety of places.

Having all of advertise in the same place would produce:
"Banner blindness - a phenomenon in web usability where visitors to a website consciously or unconsciously ignore banner-like information, which can also be called ad blindness or banner noise."