Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

2x SUPPORT
Steve L.

United States

E365 Champion

12 posts

And the question is.... in Getting Started #Getting Started

1 day ago

AGREE!!
It's that old "You can Lead a horse to water..." thing!
You will NEVER find no matter how hard you look or how MUCH you spend a business that lets you "PUSH A BUTTON" or "DO JUST THREE THINGS" or "TURN ONE DOLLAR INTO A MILLION DOLLARS OVERNIGHT or A WEEK or A MONTH" they ain't out there! Bottom line there are actually 2 kinds of businesses you'll find online or off... those that are REAL and those I call FISHERS.

The REAL ones are actual LEGIT businesses, that if you will commit and be dedicated to you will eventually succeed! It might happen faster for some and slower for others but IF YOU WILL WORK AT THESE REAL BUSINESSES OVER TIME YOU CAN SUCCEED!

The FISHERS are those that are just looking to get their hooks into people (the fish), bleed those people (the fish) for as deep as they can get into their wallets or purses and move on to the next person (the fish) that bit on their bait, or some will just vanish with your money and a full belly! The FISHERS say things like "we'll show you how to turn just $7 into $10,000 in a week" what they fail to mention is they are gonna take YOUR $7 combined with $7 from a LOT of other FISH and THEY are turning all those $7 into $10,000 !

THIS IS ALMOST A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A FISHER and it happened, I wanna say in the early 1950s, and I may have the name wrong but it happened, anyways a American Presidential Portraits sent out millions of mail solicitations offering an AMAZING COPPER PORTRAIT of PRESIDENT LINCOLN FOR ONLY $9.95 AND IF YOU ORDER WITHIN 48 HOURS YOU'LL GET ANOTHER ONE YOU CAN USE AS A GIFT FREE!! It had a picture of the portrait you get and it was a GREAT ROUND PORTRAIT Of the 16th President Of The United States. It was also noted as all mail orders "Please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery"
Well, many...Many... MANY people ordered these AMAZING COPPER PORTRAITS FOR $9.95 and the VAST MAJORITY DROPPED THEIR ORDER IN THE MAIL WITHIN THE 48 HOURS.
Well in about a month everyone started to receive their order and PEOPLE were NOT happy! Actually people weren't "not happy" they were LIVID with what they received. They most started writing to American Presidential Portraits demanding their money back and All the letters were returned because APP was no longer at this address and they left no forwarding address.

Tomorrow I'll tell you why people wanted their money back! But I'd also encourage folks to guess why people were unhappy with their portrait.

Sorry got off topic a little but that's a good example of what's HAPPENING online to a LOT of people because they are willing to overlook something THEY KNOW just doesn't add up and they want it "to be" so bad they ignore that tingling in their gut THAT KNOWS the are gonna be the fish!

Bottom Line to kinda paraphrase what Scott says, SFI is a GREAT OPPORTUNITY but like ANY business it's NOT gonna be great if you just join and wait for all the great things to happen! NO BUSINESS works like that! Not ONE! If someone tell you all you gotta do is join... RUNAWAYASFASTASYOUCAN someone is after your money!

But if you will work, SFI the same way you would work your own store on Main Street you'll slowly but surely be successful! I believe it's important to develop a system that you stick to EVERY DAY! For example I get up EVERY MORNING and turn RED TABS GREEN! EVERY MORNING! I EVEN START WITH THE SAME TABS EVERY DAY!

And remember there are ups and downs in EVERY business. YOUR ability to work your way through the downs is what will make you successful .

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always its a MOTIVATIONAL MEMES

18 posts

I'm trying so hard to build my team in Team Building #Leadership #Team Building

2 days ago

Hi Petar,

One more thing...

You're almost poetic with your statement! If we arrange just right, change a "but" to an "and" and read it with the correct pace YOU become a poet, watch!
"I'm trying so hard to build my team
and it takes time,
but it will be!"

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As always a motivational meme...

18 posts

I'm trying so hard to build my team in Team Building #Leadership #Team Building

2 days ago

Hi Petar,

Agree!

Keep in mind that any business has ups & downs and the more you work at it the less of the "downs" and the more of the "ups" you'll have! Always remember we work in a numbers game and each "no" you get is one more closer to that YES we are all looking for.

I believe the most important things in ANY type of business is dedication & commitment. You must be dedicated to working your business and you must COMMIT TO YOURSELF IN WRITING (by the way, some call committing to yourself in writing setting goals) that you'll work your way through those "downs" until you get back to the "ups"!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As always I try to post a motivational meme, so...

14 posts

Liked by forum notables?.. in Miscellaneous

8 days ago

FYI These are aso there on Chat too.

...... Still Looking ......

Here's another Motivational Meme!

14 posts

Liked by forum notables?.. in Miscellaneous

8 days ago

This is new to me too!
I have looked and so far can't find anything YET. I will, however, keep looking and once I get it figured out I will report back!
I you beat me to the answer Please let me know!
Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As I Alway try to do on forum posts here's a motivational meme!!

18 posts

Multiple Standing order Dates in Suggestion Box #Auto-Delivery #Sales

9 days ago

Hi Johnna,

I would suggest that you only have one PERMANENT standing order and then just purchase the other items when its best for you. You could then make those other orders standing orders at the time you place them knowing you will cancel them before the 10th of the following month, or not if that works best for you that particular month.

For example I have the Builder Bundle set up on a standing order but I usually cancel my standing order that would be billed on the 10th and then immediately order it AND I make it a standing order.

I hope that make sense! It's kinda hard to explain typing, but I am ALWAYS sure that I have the Builder Bundle as a standing order by the end of the month

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always I try to add a motivational meme to all my posts! SO.....

15 posts

In The You Never Know Department! in Pricebenders #Pricebenders #TCredits

9 days ago

Thanks MUCH Bevan!
Not to toot my own horn... which means I'm gonna, but take a look at this thread
www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=123033
about managing a business. The ONLY reason I mention it, is because of something about habits in it.
Take a look and let me know what you think.
Always willing to talk motivation with folks!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As always I try to leave a motivational meme, so...

11 posts

How can I manage my own SFI business? in Ask Gery #Compensation #Leadership #Team Building

11 days ago

Hi Gilbert,

This seems to have turned into more a "follow the rules" topic and I certainly didn't think that was what you were asking about

I am of the opinion that if someone has been involved in SFI for more than a year or so then they likely know all the big rules, so I didn't feel that was what you were looking for when you posted.

As I said before let me know if you have an questions and I'll do my best to address them.

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always here's a motivational meme!

11 posts

How can I manage my own SFI business? in Ask Gery #Compensation #Leadership #Team Building

12 days ago

Hi Gilbert,
I don't think this is a one size fits all kind of thing. I think it may have more to do with YOU than almost anything else. And I don't think anyone will get it exactly right the first time or the second or... what I'm saying is that you'll always be tweaking and fine tuning YOUR method as you go along and as your business grows.
It's just me here and my MOST productive thing is sticking to a routine EVERY DAY! I was always told that once you do something for 21 days (good or bad) it becomes a HABIT so I am ALWAYS looking for the stupid things I'm doing, so I can stop them, and the good things I'm doing so I can share them. I start EVERY DAY early and the first thing I do is Turn Tabs, then I respond to questions and chat messages. Then I'm off placing ads and earning credits to run those ads at traffic exchanges.
If you and your significant other are partners I would suggest you split responsibilities, someone turns tabs the other responds to message BUT be sure to switch OFTEN so you both LEARN all aspects of the business.
IF you can afford to hire someone that's great BUT do not rely on them so much that you aren't keeping up with what they are doing AND the changes being made at SFI. I'd hate to get in a situation where someone you paid for a year decided at 6 months that they could do this and you were paying them to build THEIR business. I would STRONGLY recommend that you set them up with their own SFI business under you if they are working out. And be generous in helping them grown their business. If you do presentations about SFI teach them how, then let them do a few and split PSAs with them! Be loyal to them and make them feel appreciated and you will not only have an employee but you'll have a loyal friend who will tell people about you and your business!
That's it for now as it's 2 AM and I need to sleep.
FEEL FREE to let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to help. My best advice to every business owner I ever consulted with is Don't not learn EVERY PART OF YOUR BUSINESS SO THAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS YOU CAN STEP IN AND NOT MISS A BEAT, BECAUSE SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN AND YOU HAD BETTER BE PREPARED!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always here's a motivational meme...!

13 posts

There Can Be An Easier Road To The Top!!! in Inspiration/Testimonials #Getting Started

12 days ago

CoSign!
Actually I believe that as they start, a person's TIME invested is FAR MORE IMPORTANT than the money. You can spend ALL the money you want BUT if you refuse to take the time to LEARN you will never be able to TEACH others, that will usually NOT have all that money, how they can build their business! And if you can't teach others how they can build their business YOU CAN'T BUILD YOUR BUSINESS!
TAKE THE TIME TO LEARN WHAT SFI DOES AND HOW THEY DO IT! If you don't you are wasting your time and making it FAR HARDER on those you sponsor!
WELL DONE BRUCE!
Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always here's a motivational meme...

15 posts

In The You Never Know Department! in Pricebenders #Pricebenders #TCredits

15 days ago

In The You Never Know Department I thought I'd relate my experience in a couple Pricebenders auctions today.
As I turn my Red Tabs Green EVERY DAY (if you don't understand that ASK your sponsor, it's REALLY important you do) I always bid on the auction that's nearest to being over and today that was an auction for 10 PSAs. So I placed my bid and the counter reset to one minute and I was off to turn the red scoreboard tab green then I went back to the auction and it was down to 15 seconds and I was still the high bidder so I watched, thinking when it gets to 4 or 5 seconds left my bid won't be high bid anymore... BUT NOTHING HAPPENED! Then I thought when it got to the "Going Once... Going Twice..." someone was gonna bid higher than my ONE DOLLAR AND SIXTY NINE CENTS bid but no one did! So I won 10 PSAs using ONE TCredit and a bid of $1.69!
BUT that's not all my auction experience today!
As I was checking messages and finishing up GOING ALL GREEN I saw another auction that was a Progressive TCredit Auction and it was around 159 TCredits so I thought what the heck I'll see what happens so I bid around 6 or 7 times and then set up assist to make about 11 bids. I won the auction for 163 tcredits after 4 bid assist bids for 3.05!
So as I have said MANY TIMES....
YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT
HAPPEN IF YOU TRY!
BUT YOU ALWAYS KNOW WHAT
WILL HAPPEN IF YOU NEVER TRY...
NOT A THING!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As I Always Try To Do Here's a Motivational Meme!

208 posts

What are the best, most productive SFI marketing aids ? in Marketing #Marketing #Sales #Sponsor

15 days ago

Hi Indrajith,

I am a bit late to your GREAT QUESTION and I skimmed through a lot of the answers and did not see anyone mention one of the things where You can use a LOT of SFI's Banners, Text Ads Gateways TRAFFIC EXCHANGES.
VERY BASICALLY Traffic Exchanges are websites where you basically can add a number of your advertising in the form of banners, text ads and gateways pages. You then surf (view) other members pages (what we call gateways) and in return you earn credits for your Gateway pages and banners and text ads!
And the best thing about Traffic Exchanges is what I call "sweat equity"... That means YOU CAN JOIN MOST FREE AND EARN YOUR ADVERTISING BY SURFING (Viewing) other members sites!
If you want to get in touch with me and I will be more than happy to get you a list of those Traffic Exchanges that helped me the most, building my SFI Business!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As always... here's a motivational meme!

12 posts

Please create junior and senior category players in Suggestion Box #Contests #Eager Zebra #TripleClicks

15 days ago

Hi Nkechi,

Not a bad idea! You might also want to post this to the ASK GERY category of the forum.

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

I always try to post a motivational meme with my posts so...

7 posts

time machine boxofficemojo in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra

17 days ago

(Thread was removed due to forum protocol violations, toxicity, or obsolescence)

7 posts

time machine boxofficemojo in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra

17 days ago

(Thread was removed due to forum protocol violations, toxicity, or obsolescence)

234 posts

Goodbye Class Cash, Hello Smart Start! in SFI News #Getting Started #Marketing #Team Building

27 days ago

I GET to say it AGAIN! !!

Well played Carson... Very well played!

Seriously, I can count on SFI to ALWAYS be planning something to "form a more perfect business".
Letting new PSAs consciously INVEST in THEIR NEW SFI BUSINESS by ACTUALLY selecting people to build their downline is something that I firmly believe will keep new folks involved, invested and more important, INTERESTED in how they are going to build their SFI Business!

I have been involved in network marketing for a LONG time and I have NEVER seen a business that starts building a person's downline WHEN THEY SIGN UP!

I can not wait to see what I get to say it about the next time!

SFI, truly is, bar none the best online OR offline business I have found! And I've looked at FAR TOO MANY!

THANKS MUCH GERY AND ALL YOU FOLKS AT CORPORATE YOU ARE ALL AMAZING!

If there is anything I can ever do to help PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK! I am PROUD to be affiliated with SFI!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always a Motivational Meme!
SFI seems VERY familiar with "things..."

21 posts

Picture Validation in Getting Started

27 days ago

Yep I was completely wrong and I have been trying to edit that post all day and keep getting "Permission Error".

21 posts

Picture Validation in Getting Started

28 days ago

I could be wrong because it's been a while since I uploaded mine, BUT did you crop and then click the UPLOAD button?
I don't remember having to wait for a picture validation, and I think I actually didn't realize I needed to click that UPLOAD button after I clicked CHOOSE FILE.
So make sure you are clicking that UPLOAD button after you are done cropping . I THINK it has to be certain file types too, "jpg, gif, png... etc.

Hope this helps!
Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As always here's a Motivational Meme

29 posts

I am new and need help Getting Started in Getting Started #Getting Started

28 days ago

Hi Mary,
WELCOME TO SFI!
So you know, I've been at this more than a year and I STILL LEARN SOMETHING EVERY DAY!
I'm betting someone has suggested you reach out to your sponsor for help, if they haven't do that, but that doesn't always work.
Your goal for now I think is to start go through Launch Pad... SLOWLY. If you're trying to cram it all in, in a week... I can see how you'd be lost!
If there are specific things you want help with make a list then go to the forum and search for answers!
In the meantime you advanced to the rank of an EXECUTIVE AFFILIATE in 4 DAYS and if you can do that EVERY MONTH you'll do well.
There are a LOT of ways to earn with SFI you need to find 1 or 2 and LEARN those then pick 1 or 2 more and LEARN those.
Understand, I think that EVERYONE that has ever joined SFI has had that "I'M SO LOST" moment, the ability to keep at it is what will make you successful!
I'd suggest you turn the RED TABS, GREEN everyday (work your TO DO LIST) and you'll learn a bit every day!
You'll also find that pretty much everyone here in the FORUM is usually more than willing to lend a hand, so NEVER BE AFRAID to ASK QUESTIONS!
As with ANY business there will be good days and bad days but as you learn and build your SFI Business the good days will begin to outnumber the bad days!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As ALWAYS I try to post A Motivational Meme... SO...

20 posts

Help! Not having enough time to do research and try to get ideas. in Getting Started #Getting Started #Marketing #Sales

about 1 month ago

Everyone has hard times.... EVERYONE!
The thing about this business is to have a daily routine and stick to it. I do realize that isn't always and easy thing to do and that's where the desire and drive to stick to it is important.
You should also know this is a NUMBERS business and a "NO" gets you one more closer to a yes!
I'm usually up a 5AM doing tabs and posting ads on a variety of sites traffic exchanges and safelists.
When I get to feeling like you are now, I make a LIST of what I am going to to do when I get up in the morning. That gives you something to look forward to and it keeps you going.
But KNOW THIS "discouraged and overwhelmed" IS NORMAL in ANY business, the ability to work through it is what is important.
The fact you recognize it and ask for help puts you WAY AHEAD of most! So keep at it and slowly but surely you will get through the hard times!
Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always I try to post a motivational meme and this is specific to this situation

5 posts

Picture This Glorious Day - It'll Be Great!!! in Marketing #Marketing #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Bruce is absolutely RIGHT, Visualization is IMPORTANT, just ask any professional athlete why they are so successful and 9 out of ten will explain they visualize the perfect shot or run or game or... well you name it those who are at the top SEE WHAT THEY WANT AND HOW THEY WILL GET THERE and because of seeing it in their mind they are more often than not successful!

I do something every morning before I get out of bed and every night before I nod off, I say to myself out loud, at least 10 times and yea, I know saying it outloud might at first might be a tad embarrassing. But eventually it becomes a habit and then you're fine! What I say out loud is "I'm Happy! I'm Healthy! It's Great To Be Alive". It is AMAZING what the mind can do when you poke it a little here and a little there! All ANYONE has to do is MAKE IT A HABIT! Once you do that you are will on your way!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As I always try to do, here's a particularly relevant Motivational Meme!

4 posts

E365 Entrepreneur Challenge !!! in Miscellaneous #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Horace's post is spot on AND pitch perfect!
Often people don't understand that they win JUST BY COMPETING in something and the "E365 Entrepreneur Challenge" IS one of those somethings! If you're new to SFI and are wondering about ALL THE DIFFERENT THINGS involved in SFI, I can think of no better explanation of the E365 than Horace's post that started this thread! Even though someone doesn't officially "WIN" being part of the competition, and pushing each other along is itself a win!
As I'm fairly certain someone somewhere said NOTHING IS A FAILURE IF YOU CAN LEARN FROM IT!
Be Well,
Steve

I Always try to post a Motivational Meme... So...

8 posts

Problem with my facebook account in Miscellaneous

about 1 month ago

If you happen to be using an adblocker you should try turning it off and reloading the page(s).

I know a few folks that have had some posts the Facebook gods apparently considered "ads" that just disappeared!

Hope you are able to sort this out!

Be Well,
Steve

As Always I try to include A Motivational Meme to Forum posts, so...

4 posts

New T Credit Badge in Miscellaneous #Getting Started #TCredits

about 1 month ago

Hi Robert,
Here's what I have found regarding your question. NOTE that it does NOT qualify where the TCredits can come from. The only thing I read as a qualifier is the dates you can accumulate the TCredits toward badges.

So... Unless Gery has said something different in a post here in the forum or in a rule I can't find I gotta say the Tcredits can come from anywhere, I think. (yea, I know)

I will keep looking and if I find a different answer I will post it here!

Not a lot of help, I know. But I'm betting that Gery, will soon reply.

If you need help on anything else let me know and I will try to help.

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

A Motivational Meme!

12 posts

What type of blog can I purchase for promotion? in Marketing #Marketing #Sales #Team Building

about 1 month ago

There are MANY options when it comes blogs! The kind of blog you purchase is not nearly as important as you REGULARLY adding posts to it! As you add new posts you will draw attention from search engines and with more attention from the search engines the more traffic you'll get!
I bought a blog from Blogging Empire an ECA here on TripleClicks and am VERY happy with it! It was up and running within 2 or 3 days and maybe even faster! And I'm not trying to push one seller over another I'm just relating my experience!
Remember THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT A BLOG IS THAT YOU REGULARLY CONTRIBUTE TO IT!
If you buy a blog and then do nothing it will wither and die!
So, pretty much any blog you buy that has good recommendations will work as long as you will!
Hope this helps!
Be Well,
Steve Lanier

I Always Try to Post Motivational Memes so ....