Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

4x SUPPORT
Steve L.

United States

E365 Champion

15 posts

R E S P E C T for Aretha Franklin, gone at 76 in Miscellaneous

3 days ago

Hi Eva,

THANKS for this!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always A Motivational Meme

15 posts

3 days ago

Hi Stephen,

ANYTIME STEPHEN ANYTIME! Greatness should ALWAYS be acknowledged!

She will be missed!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

15 posts

4 days ago

Just wanted to mention that the Queen Of Soul passed away at age 76.

Rather than mourn too long I'm betting she'd wish we celebrate her life!
SO... here's a tune of Aretha's that is a feel good song!

youtu.be/Ip_pjb5_fgA

There are SO MANY to pick from but this one is my favorite!
Enjoy!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always a Motivational Meme

10 posts

SFI Has Made ALL My Sales And Gave My PSAs The Incentives... in Marketing #Getting Started #Marketing #Team Building

6 days ago

Hi T,

Co-Sign!

As Always words of wisdom... ALL should heed!

If folks would spend an hour a day posting FREE ads PROMOTING their SFI Business the changes would be astonishing!

Keep proving FREE WORKS!

And if I can ever help just say the word!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always A Motivational Meme! I think this fits!

18 posts

Please can you explain to me how to post free ads in Getting Started #Getting Started #Marketing #Team Building

9 days ago

Hi Charles,

One more thing that I think will help you a LOT with posting your ads. I'm sure you are familiar with the copy and paste function and that when you copy it goes to your "CLIPBOARD" and it will sit there until you copy something else, right? Well imagine a thing that would let you copy multiple things to your clipboard and they ALL would remain on your clipboard so you could post them anytime you want. That thing exists It's called a Clipboard Manager, so you could create a bunch of different ads and copy them to your, what I call "The Magic Clipboard Thingy" so you'd have a variety of different ads anytime you needed them ready to go with just a few taps!

Here's a link to an article that the author thinks is the TOP 10 CLIPBOARD MANAGERS I don't know your operating system but I'm fairly certain you'll be able to find one that will fit your operating system and that you like!

Personally I use DITTO but I'm on a PC that's running Windows 10 so pick the one you like and you'll be on your way! And here's the best part if you're like me, and you do appear smart, handsome, athletic, clever and better at everything than every one you know, so you are like me... yea, I know , you will find a LOT of other uses for the Magic ClipBoard Thingy! Actually I think the Magic Clipboard Thingy should be in the marketing toolbox of EVERY SFI AFFILIATE! Imagine if you copied your new PSA welcome letters and they were always on your clipboard....!

As always, let me know if I can help with anything and I will certainly try!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

18 posts

Please can you explain to me how to post free ads in Getting Started #Getting Started #Marketing #Team Building

9 days ago

Hi Charles,

If you will do a search (I use google) for "Post Free Ads" you will get a lot of different places you can post free ads! I always scroll down past the paid for ads and go to the results that are returned by google that aren't paid for. But you can use any of the results you want! Here, have a look at what I found just now doing a search for POST FREE ADS

The trick after you find the places for free ads is to create an ad that is catchy and draws attention and if you look at some of the ads on the site on your phone you might be able to just change a few words and have a great ad!

It is not complicated and posting free ads is the place to start building your business BUT doing it ONCE is useless I do it every... EVERY DAY! So schedule some time every day to place those free ads!

If I can ever help just let me know and I'll try!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always A Motivational Meme!

18 posts

Letter to a friend in Team Building #Team Building

10 days ago

Hi Mizanur,

WELL DONE!

I can not understand how someone receiving your letter could refuse your offer!

Like you I am back for a second run with SFI and I can not begin to tell you how much I wish I had those intervening years back! But live and learn, I was chasing the next shiny object back then and have PAID the price for that chasing and it was expensive!

If I can ever be of help let me know and I will certainly try!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

15 posts

Saying Gateway in Marketing #Marketing #Team Building

10 days ago

Hi Michael,

Off the top of my head I'd say the limit on the length of "text" ads would likely prevent the testimonials use. Most sites will even limit the length of text ads to less than most of the text ads in our "Marketing Aids". What I do is pull the most appropriate bits out of the text ads SFI provides and usually that works for me!

Let me know if you need help with anything else and I will try to help!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

9 posts

Convincing merchants to join Localvantia/ECA in ECA Program #ECA #Localvantia #Sales

12 days ago

Hi Shobana,

Give them OPTIONS but NEVER an option that includes the ability to say NO. In sales this is called "closing" and my favorite closing method is the multiple choice close. The reason I like it so much is it gives the impression that your customer has a choice, AND THEY DO, but not a choice to say no. I always try to give the person I am making the presentation to 2 choices....

"How do I sign up for your rewards club Shobana?
Oh you don't have one?
I can help with that!
I'll even take care of your first 1000 Reward Points!
When did you want to start YOUR rewards club in 2 weeks or a month?"

Then SAY NOTHING because after a CLOSE he who talks next usually "loses." Basically you have asked for a response and if you say something that interrupts the decision making process you are giving the customer an out. But if you stay silent after asking "2 weeks or a month" your customer has to make a decision between "2 weeks or a month" or whatever options you decide to give.

Hope that makes sense and helps a little! Let me know if you have questions and I'll do my best to answer. You can Google "sales closes" to learn more about the different ways to lead your customer to deciding the way you want them to! Then once you get your first Localvantia merchant ask that merchant if s/he knows anyone else that would benefit from having a rewards program. That way you won't be cold calling! Just keep asking those you sign up if they know anyone else who could benefit from having their own rewards club. You should also use your own judgement about asking for "any other merchants that would benefit from a rewards club" some will not want their competition to have something they have. But most will be happy to help!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

16 posts

How to calm down my newbies? in Team Building #Team Building

14 days ago

Hi Timan,

I get that question too and I always answer their question with a question! How do you earn money in ANY BUSINESS? If it seems kinda harsh it's meant to be! Those that respond with anything along the lines of you work for it, are those worth extra time and effort by you, because they realize ANY business requires work to earn money!

Also be careful if you devote too much time to trying to calm those who are REALLY only looking for a quick buck just might cost you a potential DIAMOND team leader! Work with the workers! Explain to the "get rich quickers" that LaunchPad Training will answer all their questions!

Quoting numbers can ONLY cause problems for you! For some it won't be enough, so they won't even try. For others it will seem so much they will think they'll never be able to do it and they won't even try! Explain what they earn will depend on how much effort the devote to THEIR SFI BUSINESS!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always Here are a Couple Motivational Memes that fit this question!

21 posts

Is Localvantia is Failed? in VersaPoints

16 days ago

Hi Navaanithe,

Don't wait, create!

I believe SFI Business owners are a big part of Localvantia and the more businesses we bring to Localvantia the quicker it will grow until it reaches a tipping point and when that happens....!

I always ask a business "How do I sign up for your rewards program?" even when I know they don't have one and when they answer "We don't have one" I always follow with "Really? I could easily set you up with a reward program and even take care of the first xxxx Rewardical Points for you, when do you want to start your rewards program?"

Just an example of how SFI Affiliates can offer to help a business owner build their business! AND at the same time build their SFI Business! I think it was Zig Ziglar that said "If you help enough people get what they want, you will get everything you want!"

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

9 posts

Red/Green Pencils in Suggestion Box #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

16 days ago

Hi Kay,

I saw your "Red/Green" and well... Have a look!

youtu.be/jLBDqchND0s

I think all the episodes are available on Youtube so anytime someone needs a laugh I HIGHLY recommend checking in with the guys at Possum Lodge

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

Usually its a Motivational Meme this time a fun meme in honor of all the guys at Possum Lodge!!
Don't quote me on the Latin!

7 posts

Lifetime Custom Prestige Domain For SFI Affiliates? in Marketing #Marketing #Sales #Team Building

17 days ago

Hi Eric,

It is a domain name that you will... I'd say link but then we'll start to get confused... so lets say, connect to one of your gateways so it looks like this "createyourown.internetincomestreams.com" linking to JoinMySFITeam.com
so hosting is not necessary.

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

11 posts

Bizquiz winner! in Recognition #Contests #Rewardical

22 days ago

Hi Nouta,

Well done! Now here's the important thing... YOU GOTTA KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING! Just keep at keep entering the T-Time contests EVERY HOUR and work up to where you can eventually set up an Auto-Ship every month and doing that will qualify you for more drawings!

You are well on your way to building a long term thriving SFI Business you'll be proud to tell everyone about! The important thing is to keep learning all you can about SFI and all the different ways you can earn another income that will eventually be your MAIN income!

Another thing to remember is, as with any business, there will be ups and downs! Don't let the "downs" get to you, just keep working the system and doing the work!

If I can ever help let me know and I will certainly try to help you in any way I can.

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

30 posts

I Lost My Net Amount - No Need Standing Order in Miscellaneous

24 days ago

Hi Navanithe,

I would consider all this a little bit of short term pain for a lot of LONG TERM GAIN!

I can't recall all the details of the new compensation plan BUT i believe that unless I am mistaken (and that is entirely possible) but I believe that right now you ONLY need to find your 3 best PSAs and work with them to help them build their own teams! As you teach those 3 they'll take you to Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond... THOSE THREE!

Think about that! Teach just 3 people to be successful in one part of SFI and you can go to the beach!

What I'm gonna do is announce a 3 month contest to let every PSA I have put up as many VPs as they can and at the end of those 3 months the top 3 will become MY 3. My 3 will receive PSAs placed in their downlines, I will provide them training and free advertising AND I WILL EXPECT THEM TO DUPLICATE WHAT I'M DOING WITH THEIR THREE! I'm even gonna try to assign PSAs and other benefits by the percentage of the VPs generated and a couple other trackable stats by each of the three.

We MUST NEVER ignore those affiliates who aren't spending those are likely the most hungry and will be the hardest working affiliates you could have! We all must find ways to reward them

Again, think about that... just THREE PEOPLE coached and taught and supported WILL take you anywhere you want to go!

Hang in there Navanithe, identify YOUR THREE and let them know they are YOUR THREE and that you are gonna teach them how to build their SFI Business AND more importantly IDENTIFY THEIR THREE! And that you will help and expect them to DUPLICATE what you are doing for them for THEIR THREE!

It really is simple, not easy, but simple and it takes time!

Once again I've rambled on too long, I'll shut up now!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always A Motivational Meme Plus A Bonus Motivational Meme!

9 posts

Tested Closing Methods - 1 of 10 in Marketing #Marketing

25 days ago

Hi Bruce,

GREAT STUFF! Might I add to your info with...?

Then there's what I called the "multiple choice close" where no or none is not one of the choices your customer gets! I used to sell chemicals and I usually used the multiple choice close that basically went "So that's what they do! Did you want 4 or 6 gallons of The Natural Laundry Detergent?"
I once sold cleaning chemicals to a cubicle farm they had floors of cubicles and I told them about a hand sanitizer product and closed with did you want one for each cubicle or one and a backup for each cubicle? Guess which option they guy picked? I think I ended up putting over 2000 bottles of hand sanitizer in that one account on that one order. Sales has always been a numbers game AND the ability to ASK for the sale, do both and good things happen! I always find it odd that a LOT of new salespeople have a REALLY hard time ASKING FOR THE SALE and then wonder why they aren't making any money! As with everything else you MUST ask for what you want! In the sales business (and EVERYTHING is the sales business) there are ways to do it that provide the customer with an easier way of saying yes than no. Actually the term sales funnel started sales business I read a book likely 25 years ago by a guy named Ray I cant think of his last name, called The Sales Funnel!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always Here's a Motivational Meme!

3 posts

Just Wanted to Say... in Inspiration/Testimonials #Astro Auctions

28 days ago

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for that!

The importance of making sure that PSAs and CSAs are welcomed and guided to start their journey on the right path can NOT be overstated! There is too much to learn in SFI to not explain the area you want them to start with! If new people are "left to their own devices" you can almost ALWAYS assume they'll be gone in about a month.

Always welcome ALWAYS! I am trying to set up an autoresponder system that will send email messages every couple days. But I'm still learning how an autoresponder works!

THANKS AGAIN!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always A Motivational Meme! (or 3A2M)

3 posts

The updates to the Astro Auction... in Astro Auctions

about 1 month ago

Hi Boss,

I realize it's possible this MAY be in the wrong category but as I also posted it in the Ask Gery threads, I just want to make sure as many Affiliates as possible see it!

The updates to the Astro Auction...

are AMAZING as it levels the playing field allowing all to competitive in auctions!

This means I get to say it AGAIN!

Well Played Carson... VERY Well Played!

It truly is astonishing how often GREAT THINGS ARE ROLLED OUT AT SFI!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always A Motivational Meme! If you're new to SFI print this meme out and tape it to your bathroom mirror and your fridge and keep one on your bed pillow ! It takes time to learn what to do and just starting ANYTHING NEW, if you're like me, you can feel pretty dumb (dumb to me is a choice it can be change by learning) but if you'll put the effort into learninng on a daily basis you get less and less dumb!

3 posts

Just Wanted to Say... in Inspiration/Testimonials #Astro Auctions

about 1 month ago

Hi Boss,

I realize this is MAY be in the wrong category but I just want to make sure as many Affiliates as possible see it!

The updates to the Astro Auction...

are AMAZING allowing all to compete!

This means I get to say it AGAIN!

Well Played Carson... VERY Well Played!

It truly is astonishing how often GREAT THINGS ARE ROLLED OUT AT SFI!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

41 posts

BTL = 2000 VP ! in Suggestion Box #Compensation #PSA #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Hi Snezana,

THANKS for that! And THANKS for the follow!

If you think I can ever help with anything feel free to get and touch, and while I won't ALWAYS be able to help I can promise I will ALWAYS TRY!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always a motivational meme!

41 posts

about 1 month ago

Hi Anita,

I'm not certain how setting your account to "Vacation" would affect your rank but I would suspect that setting your account to Vacation may help out a little and give you time to try and recover from time away from SFI as you recover from the medical issues you have to deal with. It might even be worth a support ticket to see if they might have another way of helping out!

And regarding those medical issues I TRULY wish you a fast, full and speedy recovery!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As always a motivational meme

41 posts

about 1 month ago

Hi Anna,

I think that a 2000 VP BTL sounds good in theory, however that level would affect your income bya fairly significant amount in the long term.

I completely understand your feelings though as that level might influence some to stick around... FOR A LITTLE WHILE LONGER but eventually those who say "if I could just be a BTL at 2000 VP I promise I'd stay and work really hard" will eventually ask for you to transfer them some of YOUR hard earned VPs so they can become a STL and if you're like me you'll think "OK I'll do it just this once" and you do but then this person realizes s/he needs a BTL of his own and then you'll get that message saying "Could you please transfer a BTL to me so I can be a...?" And if you're like me, it dawns on you that "what am I doing? It's like I've been pretty much working for s/he's benefit and ignoring all the other folks on my team that had I spent the time I've spent on "PleaseDoEverythingFoMe" I could have had 2 more BTL!"

It is a harsh reality in our business that sometime you just gotta explain to "PleaseDoEverythingForMe", "I've done all I can for you" and then move on to those new PSAs that will be a sponge for the information you provide. And then when "PleaseDoEverythingForMe" realizes that you aren't gonna do this for them s/he will either suck it up and start WORKING the business system SFI provides or they'll huff & puff and move on! Either way YOU ARE BETTER OFF! I've been down this same road you seem to be considering with your PSA(s) and trust me, you DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS because unless you are very... VERY lucky that PSA will hang around as long as you make being here easy for them and as soon as you draw that line and tell them NO MORE they'll be off to the next place they think they might find someone to do all the work for them. And again YOU ARE BETTER OFF!

And here's the thing about this if you are not careful you'll be doing so much for PleaseDoEverythingForMe's" it begins to affect YOUR work for YOURSELF.

The 80% - 20% rule applies here basically that means 20% of your team will produce 80% of the results! WORK WITH THOSE 20%ers!

I've babbled on too long so I'll shut up now and remind you why YOU ARE HERE, you are building a business for YOU! Don't let the "PleaseDoEverythingForMes" distract you from that!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always A motivational Meme! You can send them this meme if you like! Just in case you need a translation and it's kinda hard to translate words in a meme, here is what the meme says...

Everyone faces challenges in life.
It's a matter of how you LEARN
to overcome them and use them
to your advantage.

7 posts

I Think The Ability To Talk To Other... in Suggestion Box #Leadership #Marketing #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Hi Donald,

Actually I completely agree, and I don't think you got off track at all. And that "Next Shiny object" you mention is the bane of many SFI Team Leaders as those who have not SUFFERED through the online "give us your money industry" THINK they are missing something and off they go.

I'm not trying to create problems for ANYONE and if past experience is that cross solicitation occurs then this shouldn't happen. But if there is a way to allow those who have invested their time, effort & funds to reach Team Leader status to connect and learn from each other I think the benefit would likely far exceed any potential damage.

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

4 posts

After the welcome letter in Team Building #Leadership #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Hi Mary,

Well Done!

As I like to tell my team
You never know what might happen if you try, but we ALL Know what will happen if you don't... NOT A THING!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier

As Always A motivational meme

7 posts

I Think The Ability To Talk To Other... in Suggestion Box #Leadership #Marketing #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Hi SFI Wizards,

Today I broke a rule of the SFI Forum... SORRY I didn't mean to it was brain cramps! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

However I think this rule should be eliminated. I hear the questions now "Why should we do that Steve?" right? I think the ability to talk to others in a place that is not public would be beneficial to all of SFI. For example I would dearly like to have regular email conversations with Tommie (aka CaptKirk) I believe that if we could compare notes on how we do things it really would benefit not just Tommie and myself but our teams and because of that ALL of SFI!

I have tried to figure out why connecting is not permitted and other than "poaching" and if people are going to do that they are gonna find a way to reach out and try. But beyond that, and I think that could be tracked and corrected, I see nothing but benefits for ALL of SFI.

Anyways, just a suggestion that I BELIEVE would help build LEADERS and the more leader that SFI has the better!

Be Well,
Steve Lanier