Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Vincent R.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

4 posts

When is a Streak not a Streak? in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra

18 days ago

I have a question about Eager Zebra contests that perplexes me much like the question, "How do you tell if you've run out of invisible ink?"

Eighty-three days ago, I began a new streak playing Gold Streak, ZackJack and Grandmaster Poker. I haven't missed a day qualifying for each contest and yet, my current streak for Both ZackJack and Grandmaster Poker is 83 days while my Gold Streak shows only 82 days.

Why is this? Why doesn't my "current streak" give me credit for the first day I started playing "Gold Streak? To me, it doesn't make any sense...but then, I also wonder how you can tell if sour cream has expired? LOL!!

2 posts

Inspirational Words from a Great Man! in Inspiration/Testimonials

about 1 month ago

During the coverage of former President George H.W. Bush’s funeral in Washington, D.C. today, Bret Baier shared a note that Mr. Bush wrote to the former CEO of IBM, Sam Palmisano.

Mr. Palmisano wrote to Baier, “41 sent this to me in December of 2009. It says all anyone needs to know about his values.”

“I cannot single out the one greatest challenge in my life. I have had a lot of challenges and my advice to young people might be as follows

Don’t get down when your life takes a bad turn. Out of adversity comes challenge and often success

Don’t blame others for your setbacks

When things go well, always give credit to others

Don’t talk all the time. Listen to your friends and mentors and learn from them

Don’t brag about yourself. Let others point out your virtues, your strong points.

Give someone else a hand. When a friend is hurting show that friend you care

Nobody likes an overbearing big shot

As you succeed, be kind to people. Thank those who help you along the way

Don’t be afraid to shed a tear when your heart is broken because a friend is hurting.

Say your prayers!!

George Bush”

We should all take these words to heart and adopt them as our own. Thank you, Mr. President…and may you forever rest in peace!

35 posts

Badges! Who needs them? in Suggestion Box

3 months ago

Thank you Gery.

As usual, you are right on top of everything and I truly appreciate your consideration as well as all of your efforts to make SFI the best program possible!

SFI works!! :)

35 posts

Badges! Who needs them? in Suggestion Box

3 months ago

Badges! Who needs them?

That's what I thought when I first became active in SFI and so I didn't pay much attention to them.

However, as time went by, and as I began to truly work hard to achieve success with SFI, I noticed my badge count growing. Suddenly, badges became important to me!! It's funny how that works, eh Mr. C? :)

At one point, I even managed to sneak into the ranks of "Grand Master Elite," but then fell back to "Grand Master" where I remain today. However, what I have noticed over the past couple of months is that my rank has continued to drop. Whereas I was once ranked around 25, today I find myself sitting at 109. Now, thanks to a power failure yesterday, I was unable to complete my Zebra games so I lost my "X-Day Streak" badge (I WILL get it back!) which cost me probably about 20 positions.

But I began wondering why I have lost so many positions...even though I continue to do the same things each day that once had me ranked between 25-30. And then it hit me...the introduction of our new Zebra games!! As was the intent, more people are playing games because of the wide variety of games that SFI now offers...and that's good. Personally, I play GrandMaster Poker, ZackJack, Gold Streak and Uber-Picks. Sometimes I dabble in the Time Machine and Pick the Price.

But here's my concern...are the folks, who concentrate on doing those things to grow their business and thus achieve the SFI Badges, being put into an unfair advantage with those who concentrate on the TC badges and playing games? I don't have time to play a lot of games just to keep my title of "Grand Master" because I have other things I need to concentrate on. At the same time, those who do have the time, and enjoy playing games, shouldn't be penalized either.

So here's my question/suggestion...is it time perhaps to create separate rankings...especially since there are so many more badges available on the TC side than on the SFI side? If we maintain the status quo, should SFI badges carry more weight than TC badges? I don't know the answer...I'm just posing the question.

If the decision is made to keep the system as it is, I'm okay with that and I'll just watch as my ranking drop. That's the price I will gladly pay for concentrating on what I think is important for my SFI business.

Badges! Who needs them?

I do!!

23 posts

Diagonal Alert Banner in Astro Auctions

3 months ago

Gery...

A couple of observations...

#1...I don't think that there is a single soul in this enterprise that doesn't appreciate the efforts of you and you staff to make SFI the best it can be. None of us would be were we are today without your leadership and I sincerely thank you for EVERYTHING that you have done, and continue to do, for ALL of us.
#2...I certainly see the merits of testing things. However, this change was not presented to us as a test but rather as a fait accompli. Perhaps the communication could have been stronger?
#3...If testing is the key, then perhaps the feedback of your customers can be a useful tool in judging whether or not to move ahead.

Every month, you ask us to rate the job that SFI has done the previous month and EVERY month, I give you a "5" because I truly believe that you are doing exactly that. My evaluation will NOT waiver from previous ones!

Thanks again Gery, for ALL that you do for us!!

23 posts

3 months ago

Michael, I respectfully disagree with you.

I understand the logic behind Gery's explanation, but this change is going against the basic premise of AA as it was originally presented to us. One of the advantages of the auction, as it is today, is that we DON'T know what the other folks are bidding and we have to take our BEST shot. I just don't want to get into a bidding war with the holders of large TCredit balances like I have so many times with the penny auctions.

But then, that's just my opinion, for what it's worth!! LOL!!

Have a GREAT weekend!!

23 posts

3 months ago

While I appreciate the Leadership's attempt to improve the Astro Auction, I feel as though the introduction of the "Diagonal Banner" is an unwise addition.

When AA was introduced, one of the key selling points of the concept was that participants would not become involved in a "bidding war" as they do in the regular auction. By placing a bid, as in a silent auction, no one would know what you bid and you would not be at the mercy of those with large TCredit balances.

By giving us an alert that we have been "outbid," I am afraid that Astro Auctions will become nothing more than the bidding wars we are trying to avoid.

Please reconsider the addition of this "improvement."

8 posts

Astro Auction - Rebid Process in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions

4 months ago

Tanja...

Thank you so much for your explanations as you have put together information that is missing on the "Rules" section. I knew some of this information, but, for some reason, never put it together. Now I know...thanks to you!!

BTW, I received notification of the response you posted in the "Southern Europe" version of the Forum and I thought to myself, "why is everything in another language? " When I realized what was happening, I got quite a hearty laugh!! Once I translated it, I agree with one of your fellow posters...it was a VERY concise explanation!!

Thanks again for taking the time to put this old Texan on the right track!!

Wishing you MUCH continued success!!

Vince

8 posts

4 months ago

Thanks Michael...I kinda figured that out. What I don't understand is why they sit around so long. This morning, I think I had four "rebids" just sitting there some as old as three days or so again. Consequently, my TCredits are tied up because the Auction has never launched. :(

8 posts

4 months ago

Can someone please explain the "Rebid" process for me as there doesn't seem to be any information regarding it on the "Rules" page. I know the purpose of Rebid, but how does it actually work?

12 posts

Who's Packing Your Parachute? in Team Building #Leadership #Team Building

4 months ago

Bruce...your comment reminded me of a very similar thought...

"Never look down on someone...unless you are helping him up!!

As always, thanks for your insightful comments!!

14 posts

Astro Auction VIP in Suggestion Box #Astro Auctions

4 months ago

According to SFI News..."Qualifying as a VIP is simple. Participate in a minimum of 60 Astro Auctions over the previous 30 days and you automatically qualify for VIP status."

Just to be clear, does "the previous 30 days" refer to the previous calendar month or is it a rolling calendar, i.e. 30 days prior to today's date?

4 posts

We sure could use... in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions #Marketing

5 months ago

Thanks Bruce! As usual, your point is "right on the money!!"

Actually, I researched the Forum before I wrote my suggestion to see if the point had been covered already. When I didn't find anything, I submitted my post. Unfortunately, after I did, I actually found a response from Gery which answered the question. Oh well, lesson learned!! Thanks again, my Friend!!

4 posts

We sure could use... in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions #Marketing

5 months ago

...a banner for Astro Auctions!!

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I haven't been able to find a banner for Astro Auctions? If not, we sure could use one to help promote this cool feature of SFI.

22 posts

Time Machine - Winter Olympics in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra

11 months ago

Ponkoj...
I'm on the other side of your bad luck...I had 84!!
Oh well...it was fun playing!!

10 posts

Expand the Opti-Builder Leaderboard? in Suggestion Box #Team Building

11 months ago

WOW!! You just added a whole new definition to the phrase "Ask and ye shall receive!!"

Thank you so much for your quick response AND action Gery!! Now I know how much work I have to accomplish!!

10 posts

11 months ago

Chaitanya...

Thanks for your response. If you go to...
news.sfimg.com/2018/01/01/2018-message-from-gery/
...you'll find the answer to your question.

Best wishes to you for MUCH SFI success!!

10 posts

11 months ago

Unfortunately, the Opti-Build Leaderboard only displays the "Top 200." Is there any way the Board can be expanded (much like the VP Leaderboard) so that each of us can find out how we are doing, i.e., where are we on the Leaderboard and how many total POAs have we recruited?

37 posts

Opti-Build Exposed - Now we can see the REAL workers! in Miscellaneous

11 months ago

Unfortunately, the Opti-Build Leaderboard only displays the "Top 200." Is there any way we can find out how the rest of us are doing, i.e., what is our current total of POAs?

33 posts

It's time to shop online at Rewardical.com! in Sales #Compensation #Rewardical #Sales

12 months ago

For those of us who were not retained as ECAs, and have applied for the new Rewardical program, does anyone know how long the approval process takes?

30 posts

Biz Quiz Suggestion! in Suggestion Box #Compensation #Contests

about 1 year ago

This is a very positive suggestion Sikiru!

There have been times when I have been stumped by a question and have been unable to answer it. As a result, I have "passed" on the question and waited until the following day to see the correct answer, which is nice to know, but WHERE was the correct answer found? To me, that knowledge is almost more important than the answer itself! It's comparable to the old saying about "teaching a man to fish..."

Thanks for the suggestion and best wishes for MUCH SFI success!!

4 posts

DistribuSTAR Leaderboard in Miscellaneous

about 1 year ago

Now that we can no longer use TCards...why is the DistribuSTAR Leaderboard still a part of our monthly goal setting? Will there be something else to replace it?

85 posts

Rewardicals in VersaPoints #Eager Zebra #Localvantia #TripleClicks

about 1 year ago

So I am a Grand Master and yet have "zero" Radicals. Am Ito assume that they will not be awarded until the end of November?

13 posts

Opti Build doubt in Team Building #PSA #Team Building

about 1 year ago

Ciao Ruzhica!

While I can certainly understand your frustration at not having received any affiliates from your upline, remember that the purpose of Opti-Build is not to receive affiliates from them (although it WOULD be nice), but rather to build YOUR team. By reassigning new affiliates to your top performers, you not only demonstrate your support of them, but you also give them the opportunity to develop their own team. ..and that is something that will ultimately benefit you as well.

Instead of trying to do everything yourself, why not let 2-3-5 other star performers help you? Remember, you can also achieve the same goal by participating in the S-Builder Co-op or by purchasing PSAs "to go." I'm just a firm believer in the idea that reassigning PSAs, regardless of the method, is an important key to building a dynamic team.

You are a Silver Team Leader as well as an E365 Country Champion so obviously you know what you are doing. Just don't give up on the opportunity to help build up the teams of those who support you.

Wishing you MUCH SFI success!!

Vince Rohloff

22 posts

Latest time machine in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra #TripleClicks

about 1 year ago

Thanks for your response Gery...and I'm sure that you are absolutely correct. HOWEVER...what IF... BTW...I just learned that the number was "34" so once again Sir...your wisdom prevails!! Thanks for ALL that you do for us!!