Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Erica S.

Canada

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

53 posts

please pray for us in Miscellaneous

3 days ago

My thoughts and prayers are being sent, not only to those in India, but to everyone around around the world suffering by extreme weather, volcanoes, earth quakes, fires, heat.....Mother Nature is not happy!
Erca

57 posts

Prayer Request!!! in Miscellaneous #Marketing #Sponsor

9 days ago

Sending lots of prayers and healing thoughts your way John.
I hope he will be okay!
Erica

36 posts

In yesterdays Biz Quiz in Suggestion Box

2 months ago

Hi Svend,
Sometimes you have to check the alerts...so if you go to the current alert and the type in what you are looking for, old alerts will come up..this is where I successfully found the answer.

Have a successful day,
Erica

33 posts

Only 1 free ad that took me 40 seconds of my time in Marketing #Marketing #PSA #Team Building

4 months ago

Hi Zhumagul,
I am curious as to how you were able to post a SFI ad on Facebook without it being considered spam. Usually when we try to post ads on facebook they are not accepted.

Thanks so much and great job!

Have a successful day,
Erica

62 posts

Prayer request in Miscellaneous

6 months ago

Sending loves, hugs and prayers to you and your wife!
Hope everything turns out well for you both!
Have a successful day,
Erica

8 posts

Winter Olympics in Team Building #Marketing #Team Building #TripleClicks

6 months ago

Are any of you watching the winter Olympics?

There are lots of great team sports as well as individual ones.
It is something that brings the whole world together and keeps us engaged because it is exciting.

Do you see any similarities between this and SFI?

We work together as teams to achieve our goals. We work as individuals to grow our businesses. This is an online business that brings the whole world together. There are many different income streams we can earn from, games to play, auctions to bid on, prizes to be won and friends to meet, so it keeps us engaged
and excited.

This is the Olympics of online business.

Enjoy watching your favorite events and while doing so (like I am right now...watching woman's hockey while I do my business stuff) work on your SFI worldwide business as well!

Have a successful day,
Erica

27 posts

Make vacation mode applicable to other streaks in Suggestion Box #Eager Zebra #Pricebenders #VersaPoints

7 months ago

Hi John, I agree.
I have a 321 day streak on one of my games currently. I log in to SFI every day and have seldom used vacation mode.
I do put vacation mode on when we are expecting bad weather just in case we lose internet connection.....thankfully this has not yet happened and I continue my streak, but one of these days like you say for things out of my control such as poor weather and los of internet due to the circumstance, it may happen and then I lose it all except my VP streak.
I am a faithful SFIer, like you I wish we had protocols in place for such things....not to be misused, but for real threats to our hard work.
Have a successful day,
Erica

48 posts

Sick for over 2 weeks now in Miscellaneous

7 months ago

Hi Mary,
When this winter crap hits, it hits good and seems to linger forever.
I know you are in the U.S. and I in Canada, but one thing I live by when I feel stuff coming on is called Emergen-C. If you can take vitamin C, it is awesome stuff. It comes here in a pack of 30 pouches for about 15.99$ Canadian...you can get them here at any Pharmacy. It is a packet of powder stuff that you mix in an 8 ounce glass of cold water. I usually will take one in the morning and then one at night, when I first feel the happenings of anything cold or flu like...knock on wood I have not been really sick for a couple of winters now....I swear by the stuff. Each packet contains 1000MG of vitamin C.
Just a thought for you to try.
Get well soon and I am sending prayers, loves and hugs your way!
Have a successful day,
Erica

34 posts

Pretty Wild In Nova Scotia in Miscellaneous

8 months ago

Whoa Marion,
That's HOT!
Have a successful day,
Erica

34 posts

8 months ago

Oh no Jutta,
I hope you haven't had any flooding damage.
You stay safe as well!
Have a successful day,
Erica

34 posts

8 months ago

Hi Ben,
I think the -42 temps are probably in the Alberta area....I have friends that live in Calgary and she had a post a couple of days ago that temps were -40 and or colder.
I lived in the NWT of Canada for about three years and in winter temps were usually steady around -30....one day we had a temp of -45 with a wind chill making it seem like -63....that was the coldest day we ever experienced up there. The whole town shut down cause you could get frost bite on contact with the air. Up there it is a dry cold....where I live it is a damp cold that soaks right into your bones. Although temps in the NWT were steady cold like that throughout the winter, I preferred them to what we get on the East Coast....up there if you had a good parka and a good pair of winter boots, you were good to go....down here it doesn't seem to matter what you wear, you are still cold from the dampness.

Have a successful day, and I hope you are enjoying Denmark!
Erica

34 posts

8 months ago

Thanks so much Pat!
Have a successful day,
Erica

34 posts

8 months ago

Yes Arnab,
Global warming is causing a lot of problems around the world...it's not good that many places are seeing these extreme storms and weird weather systems.
I wish many countries would stop focusing on spending massive amounts of money on weapons, and start spending more on helping our environment....war is useless if we don't have a planet to fight over.....not to mention like you say about the thousands of homeless, starving people these disasters cause......it makes me feel so angry that we don't invest in saving humanity, but invest in the destruction of it.
Have a successful day,
Erica

34 posts

8 months ago

Hi Robert,
I know what you mean....I love warm temps....the hotter the better for me! I always tell people I am not a true Canadian because I dislike winter, I dislike maple syrup, and I dislike hockey. I know that sounds horrible to a lot of other Canadians, but I was meant for a better climate...lol

Have a successful day,
Erica
P.S. Aside from those three things, I am a Proud Canadian and do love my country.

34 posts

8 months ago

You to Teresa.
How hot will it become in the highest temperatures of the heat wave....estimated?
Have a successful day,
Erica

34 posts

8 months ago

The weather people here have been calling ours a "cyclone bomb" as well....must be the same system.
You stay safe and warm as well. We also had school closures yesterday and today, and parts of where I live are flooded. Two power transformers blew in town last night and there was a huge fire on a fishing boat that started last night and is still not out due to the high wind, tide change and high waves. I don't believe any other boats caught on fire, but responders attempted to move the boat away from the dock, but were unsuccessful due to rough waters. Our little volunteer fire department was going up our road like crazy last night to aid in this endeavor.
In our main city, Halifax which is about a 3.5 hour drive away from me and where my brother and his family live, a house lost it' roof yesterday due to high winds, and another home totally collapsed from the wind. The ferry services closed at 2:30pm, and by early evening the bridge spanning across from Dartmouth to Halifax had also closed.

Stay safe yourself and have a successful day,
Erica

34 posts

8 months ago

Oh you meant wild weather........The

Oh Delavegas,
This made my day today....totally cracked me up. I think if I would have posted about the kind of WILD you are thinking about, support would have been all over my post and it would have been bleeped out for sure.

This was my funny for the day....thanks for that!
Have a successful day,
Erica

34 posts

8 months ago

Erica: Oh my goodness Shelley,
That is very scary for you as well. I hope you stay safe and warm, and I pray you don not lose your power. For the people who did lose power in our province last night, they are saying it could be as late as Sunday before it is restored. If I were you, I think I would invest in a generator, just for the sake of running your oxygen tanks.
Will be thinking of you.
Have a successful day,
Erica

I can somewhat relate to what you are saying. Right now we have been having below 0 freezing temperatures and you can get frostbite within 30 minutes of being outside. They have warned everyone with pets to bring them inside, but I am sure that this is not going to happen unfortunately in many cases.

School closings have been rampant in our neck of the woods due to the extreme temperatures as we have not seen temperatures this low in decades. We have been lucky to have had many mild winters for quite some time. We are supposed to see some freezing rain come Sunday so am hoping and praying that the power does not go out as I am on oxygen 24/7 and even though I have some portable oxygen tanks, I don't have enough to be without oxygen for a very long period of time. Each little tank only lasts about 2 hours at most if you set them on a very low rating.

Well, I wish you the best in your weather conditions and stay in and stay warm. Take care.

Shelley Leepper
Cold, Colder and Coldest in Illinois

34 posts

8 months ago

We are having some extreme weather in my part of the world. This is expected to last today and tomorrow. Many homes across the province are without power due to high winds/heavy rainfall/heavy snowfall and or freezing rain, or a combination of everything.
I have set my SFI on vacation mode in the event that I lose power at my home.
Be safe fellow Maritimers....batten down your hatches!
Have a successful day,
Erica

4 posts

Wishing You Much Success for 2018 in Just For Fun #Leadership #Team Building

8 months ago

Wishing you all health, happiness and prosperity for 2018.

Have a successful day,
Erica

2 posts

Whatever You May Celebrate, Enjoy! in Just For Fun #Leadership #Team Building

8 months ago

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season, whatever you may celebrate.
And to all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!
Have a successful day,
Erica

6 posts

Vacation Mode in Ask Gery #Leadership #PSA #Sponsor

10 months ago

I found it. Thanks a lot Johan!

6 posts

10 months ago

Hi Johan,
because he is not on my mover list at the moment, where do I check his VP streak. I clicked on him and his VP ledger came up, but not sure where to look for what you are suggesting.
Have a successful day,
Erica

6 posts

10 months ago

Hi Gery,
I have a PSA who has been faithful in logging in each day since joining SFI.
A couple of month ago there was a little period when he hadn't logged in for a couple of days. Found out he had been working on a house.
This month he has not logged in at all. I have tried to contact him through email as we have been here together for roughly 3 years. One of his PSAs from the same country he is from has tried to email him with a question as well. Neither of us has received a response. I keep checking my opt outs, but have not seen that he has done that.
Is there a way for a team leader to check and see if vacation mode is on for our PSAs/CSAs. If so, where do we find this information. I have looked at my genealogy to see if that option is there, but to no avail. If this option does not currently exist somewhere, is it possible to add it. I have been very worried because he has been so very dedicated since joining.
Have a successful day,
Erica